Post Reply

Thumbs up QI Wireless Charging kit

OP sum1one

16th May 2014, 04:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag WNY
Thanks Meter: 61
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
@zedomax
AKA: highonandroid.com, zedomax, galaxys5root.com

http://highonandroid.com/android-sma...y-smartphones/
http://galaxys5root.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wirele...MWY5ND0TG8NE0A

*UPDATE*
FOUND A CASE BY SAMSUNG SO YOU DO NOT NEED THE RECEIVER ON THE BACK OF THE BATTERY.




I follow this guy pretty much everywhere. I came across a video he had posted about wireless charging and I have to say its pretty awesome. After some tussling around the only problem I had was getting the position just right. Other than that.... it works GREAT! If you don't mind the mini bulge you only notice because you put it on yourself BUT i think they make special cases if you do not like it.

I don't mind it, I like to think it holds it in place. I do recomend the QI wireless charger (KoolPad). People have had reports of heating up but I have not an issue with it since I have bought it. I bought 2, one for work and one for home!

I also like it because it prevents the wear and tear of opening and closing of the bottom tab.

thanks Max !
Last edited by sum1one; 16th May 2014 at 08:10 PM. Reason: UPDATE
16th May 2014, 08:12 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Wow, that's pretty insane... so you just put the thing on your battery...?
16th May 2014, 08:16 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag WNY
Thanks Meter: 61
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTek

Wow, that's pretty insane... so you just put the thing on your battery...?



YES! there is a video he has for your viewing. I just updated it and just cruising around amazon and found a case that does not require the receiver as it is built in. I already bought the receiver BUT for everyone else if they wanna try it and post some feedback for everyone else.

I bought all my items on amazon and they all seem to be working just fine.
16th May 2014, 09:09 PM   |  #4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1one

@zedomax
AKA: highonandroid.com, zedomax, galaxys5root.com

http://highonandroid.com/android-sma...y-smartphones/
http://galaxys5root.com/

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Wirele...MWY5ND0TG8NE0A

*UPDATE*
FOUND A CASE BY SAMSUNG SO YOU DO NOT NEED THE RECEIVER ON THE BACK OF THE BATTERY.




I follow this guy pretty much everywhere. I came across a video he had posted about wireless charging and I have to say its pretty awesome. After some tussling around the only problem I had was getting the position just right. Other than that.... it works GREAT! If you don't mind the mini bulge you only notice because you put it on yourself BUT i think they make special cases if you do not like it.

I don't mind it, I like to think it holds it in place. I do recomend the QI wireless charger (KoolPad). People have had reports of heating up but I have not an issue with it since I have bought it. I bought 2, one for work and one for home!

I also like it because it prevents the wear and tear of opening and closing of the bottom tab.

thanks Max !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1one

YES! there is a video he has for your viewing. I just updated it and just cruising around amazon and found a case that does not require the receiver as it is built in. I already bought the receiver BUT for everyone else if they wanna try it and post some feedback for everyone else.

I bought all my items on amazon and they all seem to be working just fine.

Nice, is the case rugged/durable enough to be used as a 24/7 case for the phone?
16th May 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag WNY
Thanks Meter: 61
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTek

Nice, is the case rugged/durable enough to be used as a 24/7 case for the phone?

well the case is just the back cover of the stock you currently have. Just with the built in QI receiver.


I use a spigen case and works well with the charging pad


http://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-M...igen+galaxy+s5
18th May 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
77 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
"Concentrate on making babies"
Lolz.

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app
28th May 2014, 07:59 PM   |  #7  
kill_dano's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 55
 
207 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1one

well the case is just the back cover of the stock you currently have. Just with the built in QI receiver.
I use a spigen case and works well with the charging pad
http://www.amazon.com/Spigen%C2%AE-M...igen+galaxy+s5






I just wanna confirm your saying that case works with Samsung Wireless charging back cover. Did you have to force it? Please elaborate,.
28th May 2014, 08:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag WNY
Thanks Meter: 61
 
319 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano

I just wanna confirm your saying that case works with Samsung Wireless charging back cover. Did you have to force it? Please elaborate,.



I haven't used the charging back case yet. I hear it is slightly bigger than the stock case. I ordered the QI pwd card and fits fine with the stock case. A little bit of a bulge hardly noticeable only to the person who owns the phone because you can feel it. it doesn't bother me because i like to think it keeps it in place and to be honest, i haven't had any issues. I will buy the case soon. maybe once the pad wears out

The Following User Says Thank You to sum1one For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
zedomax
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in T-Mobile Galaxy S 5 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank