Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,912 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Super sensitive screen?!

Tip us?

dec1153
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Super sensitive screen?!

does the lg g pad 8.3 have the special super sensitive technology. I noticed it works with gloves and any metal objects. Also i dont even have to touch my screen and the tablet already recognises my touch. This is amazing, how come lg do not promote this

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

5warafat1
Old
Thanks Meter 20
The lg g pad doesn't. It's the s4 that has the air view technology.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Free mobile app

Vietanh198
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by dec1153 View Post
does the lg g pad 8.3 have the special super sensitive technology. I noticed it works with gloves and any metal objects. Also i dont even have to touch my screen and the tablet already recognises my touch. This is amazing, how come lg do not promote this

Sent from my LG-V500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I can confirm this. Sometimes my fingers are 1mm away from the screen and the Gpad already senses that as a touch. Sometimes my earphones'cords can make the screen react too.

muiriddin
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vietanh198 View Post
I can confirm this. Sometimes my fingers are 1mm away from the screen and the Gpad already senses that as a touch. Sometimes my earphones'cords can make the screen react too.
I can confirm that my touch screen on the g-pad is definitely the most sensitive of the devices I own (kindle fire, kindle fire hd, g-pad, gs3). It does seem that it is detecting a touch before I touch the screen sometimes although I can not say that I have done any sort of testing of this.

dec1153
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Yes this is true. I tried it with my gloves on and the screen still works (normal gloves) and sometimes my headphone cable and charger cable can interact with the screen too. Metal pens also seem to work....

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app