Bright house app. TV

OP Milton1964

1st June 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa,FL.
Thanks Meter: 250

347 posts
More
Bright house just put out a app. for you to be able to watch your channels on your phone or tablet. My problem is when I install it , a pop up came up stating that I was rooted and that I could use this app. to be use on my phone.(I'm rooted). Any Dev out their could get a fix for this. Thanks guys all you do for us. By the way I have a Galaxy s II sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Last edited by Milton1964; 1st June 2012 at 02:12 AM.
1st June 2012, 10:04 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

23 posts
i will try it and update
1st June 2012, 03:21 PM   |  #3  
Flag Casselberry Florida
Thanks Meter: 3

24 posts
anyone know a work around for this problem?
1st June 2012, 04:30 PM   |  #4  

1 posts
I've tried some of the Hide Root apps, and so far nothing works. The brighthouse app continues to recognize the phone as being rooted. Sux
1st June 2012, 06:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag KIssimmee
Thanks Meter: 477

381 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton1964

Bright house just put out a app. for you to be able to watch your channels on your phone or tablet. My problem is when I install it , a pop up came up stating that I was rooted and that I could use this app. to be use on my phone.(I'm rooted). Any Dev out their could get a fix for this. Thanks guys all you do for us. By the way I have a Galaxy s II sprint.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

At least you got it to install, I get the message telling me that it's incompatible with my device. However, the TWC TV app (which it is likely rebranded from) installs fine. Just doesn't do much good when I have Brighthouse.
1st June 2012, 08:05 PM   |  #6  

8 posts
Brightouse is claiming "A rooted device does not allow us to set the permissions the LiveTv app needs to function properly".

Is this not such a bunch of crap. If their coders were worth a gain of salt they should have no problem changing or modding any permissions their app requires.

I'm guessing they are scared that rooted devices are able to record anything on the desktop. Sadly there are apps to help non-rooted devices to record the desktop too. So what would be the point of even searching for the xbin folder, which again I'm guessing that they are doing.. If this in fact what they are doing, could we add an app to rename that folder when the BH app is launched and rename it back when it closes?
1st June 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashboard

Brightouse is claiming "A rooted device does not allow us to set the permissions the LiveTv app needs to function properly".

Is this not such a bunch of crap. If their coders were worth a gain of salt they should have no problem changing or modding any permissions their app requires.

I'm guessing they are scared that rooted devices are able to record anything on the desktop. Sadly there are apps to help non-rooted devices to record the desktop too. So what would be the point of even searching for the xbin folder, which again I'm guessing that they are doing.. If this in fact what they are doing, could we add an app to rename that folder when the BH app is launched and rename it back when it closes?

Sounds like a bunch of bull****. A bit pissed that it aint working because of the stupid rooted crap. Someone has to find a way to modify the installation of this app but who will????
2nd June 2012, 02:49 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tampa,FL.
Thanks Meter: 250

347 posts
More
Thanks guys for the responds. Like everyone is saying it is a bunch of BULL****, but hopefully someone will come up for a solution to break this. By the way I started thinking why does it matter if our phones are rooted to B.H.. We pay them for service to our TV/Internet not our phones. It is not of their business what we do with our phones and if we made a decision to root, they should not block this app. to us. We pay the same amount that the person that did not root and they get to use this App.
Last edited by Milton1964; 2nd June 2012 at 03:20 AM.
2nd June 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #9  

7 posts
I tried a little but the program won't get far enough along to help because usb debugging was enabled. I was using eclipse to monitor the log file while I launched the app.
3rd June 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #10  
Flag KIssimmee
Thanks Meter: 477

381 posts
Donate to Me
More
There's a somewhat interesting (too much iFruit for me) discussion here http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r271...se-TV-App-Joy- on the subject. Looks like the reason behind the ICS only is because of DRM. Is it possible, the same reasoning was applied to devices being rooted or not?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread