Seek help in choosing the right method to unroot

Search This thread

jhercog

May 27, 2014
First I'd like to apologise if i'm posting at the wrong place and if i do, feel free to point me in the right direction.
I have an HTC One, branded (Croatian Vipnet).

I then rooted it using this guide http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux/ I didn't put a custom ROM on, literally just followed that guide (unlock bootloader > flash TWRP > install SuperSU > done).
So currently running software number 2.24.401.8. I'm looking to unroot (a few reasons, one of which is to install the current update).

Because I left the ROM alone I suppose I should just be able to recover to stock recovery back on, then lock the bootloader then run the update, but I'm struggling to find anything clear on this, or a link to what looks like the right stock recovery.
I'm thinking I don't need the full RUU since I didn't change the ROM.

Earlier, I decided to go full RUU so I did S-Off, removed 'Tampered' sign and 'locked' according to this topic and now i'm reluctant to go with RUU install because a) i can't find the right one (check my fastboot report) and b) I could mess things up bricking my phone.

I would be grateful if someone could shed a little light on this issue and point me in the right direction. I would also appreciate the least invasive method which doesn't include full RUU but if that isn't an option than please help me to pick the right RUU for my phone (having in mind that i'm noob on this).

my fastboot getvar all report:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: ***
(bootloader) imei: ***
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3980mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
First I'd like to apologise if i'm posting at the wrong place and if i do, feel free to point me in the right direction.
I have an HTC One, branded (Croatian Vipnet).

I then rooted it using this guide http://htconeroot.com/htc-one-root/how-to-root-htc-one-windowsmaclinux/ I didn't put a custom ROM on, literally just followed that guide (unlock bootloader > flash TWRP > install SuperSU > done).
So currently running software number 2.24.401.8. I'm looking to unroot (a few reasons, one of which is to install the current update).

Because I left the ROM alone I suppose I should just be able to recover to stock recovery back on, then lock the bootloader then run the update, but I'm struggling to find anything clear on this, or a link to what looks like the right stock recovery.
I'm thinking I don't need the full RUU since I didn't change the ROM.

Earlier, I decided to go full RUU so I did S-Off, removed 'Tampered' sign and 'locked' according to this topic and now i'm reluctant to go with RUU install because a) i can't find the right one (check my fastboot report) and b) I could mess things up bricking my phone.

I would be grateful if someone could shed a little light on this issue and point me in the right direction. I would also appreciate the least invasive method which doesn't include full RUU but if that isn't an option than please help me to pick the right RUU for my phone (having in mind that i'm noob on this).

my fastboot getvar all report:
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4A.17.3250.14
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.401.12
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
(bootloader) serialno: ***
(bootloader) imei: ***
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: HTC__032
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 3980mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: off
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT

Easiest way if your on stock rom is to just flash the stock recovery and install the OTA.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545227

Your recovery is on that page. Just look down until you find 1.29.401.12 HTC (without Taiwan, Asia and Australia). Flash that and then download the update via the rom :)

jhercog

May 27, 2014
Easiest way if your on stock rom is to just flash the stock recovery and install the OTA.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2545227

Your recovery is on that page. Just look down until you find 1.29.401.12 HTC (without Taiwan, Asia and Australia). Flash that and then download the update via the rom :)

Thank you for your prompt answer :)
I have one more question before I proceed with the instructions. Does that mean that i should be back on full stock? I.e. claiming back the warranty should be ok?

nateboi81

Jul 25, 2010
Melbourne
Yes what he said. It's important to mention why for example warranty to we can answer as detailed as possible..good luck

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

jhercog

May 27, 2014
@clsA
I just flashed to my stock recovery following your advice and everything went well.
Now i'm going to read Superguide by nkk71 you recommended. Thank you for helping me!
@nateboi81
Yes what he said. It's important to mention why for example warranty to we can answer as detailed as possible..good luck

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
No particular reason (for now). However, recently i noticed problems with charging. I plugged the phone into charger and the battery icon played as the phone was charging. When I disconnected the cable, the icon showed the red line as if the battery was on it's bare minimum. I restarted the phone a few times and managed to charge the battery. That got me into thinking about restoring the phone in original state in case of necessary service or RMA.
So far, so good. The phone is charging normally and everything is working as expected but i would like to return it to original state anyway. At least to inform myself how can this be done prior to any failure.
Also, I could sell that thing easier in it's original state.