Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,513 Members 51,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bricked Razr M

Tip us?

mamismo
Old
(Last edited by mamismo; 4th April 2013 at 02:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Bricked Razr M

I have a razr m. It came with stock JB. I safestrapped it. I later had an issue so i tried to fastboot it using DROID_RAZR_M_Utility1.10. It worked but then i got an error in fastboot. I tried RSD. I get an error failed flashing process. 1/19 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> PHONE returned FAIL. When using the razr m utility i get "writing 'system'... INFOProtocol error (multiflash unexpected).

SladeNoctis
Old
Thanks Meter 204

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamismo View Post
I have a razr m. It came with stock JB. I safestrapped it. I later had an issue so i tried to fastboot it using DROID_RAZR_M_Utility1.10. It worked but then i got an error in fastboot. I tried RSD. I get an error failed flashing process. 1/19 flash partition "gpt_main0.bin" -> PHONE returned FAIL. When using the razr m utility i get "writing 'system'... INFOProtocol error (multiflash unexpected).
Any help? stuck in the same situation

History
(At&t) Nokia N95[/COLOR] -> (T-Mobile) HTC Dream -> (Sprint) HTC Hero -> Samsung Epic 4G -> (T-mobile) HTC Amaze -> Samsung Galaxy S2 Titanium -> (Straight Talk) Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 -> Galaxy Note N7000 ->.......You get the point, my wallet hates me.

Current Daily Drivers
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
Tablet:Nexus 7 FHD (Wifi)

he11icer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
bootloader is unblocked?

ifrankie10
Old
Thanks Meter 11
U have to decompress first with rsd and then extract happened to me but u r gonna need the fast boot files

Sent from my XT907 using xda app-developers app

RikRong
Old
Thanks Meter 407
Yep, if you can't get the utility to work, do through RSD itself. I've used the Utility three times in the last week, and have had no problems. Not sure why you're having issues.

mamismo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i found a solution - my fastboot was outdated. This created a requirement for the windows version of the Razr M utility. RSD never worked for me

sirccchar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i found a solution - my fastboot was outdated. This created a requirement for the windows version of the Razr M utility. RSD never worked for me
hi, can you tell me how you fixed this problem, im getting the error in rsd and when i use matt's razr m utility.

mamismo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i cd'ed into the utility folder and ran the utility. If that doesn't work you can try opening the fastboot update file and manually sending the commands through fastboot.

sirccchar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
i cd'ed into the utility folder and ran the utility. If that doesn't work you can try opening the fastboot update file and manually sending the commands through fastboot.
I'm when you say cd'ed, u mean open the windowsutility.bat using a cmd prompt? i did that and im still geting preflash verication failure at the end of the process and the same gpt_main0.bin error on the phone.

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 353
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirccchar View Post
I'm when you say cd'ed, u mean open the windowsutility.bat using a cmd prompt? i did that and im still geting preflash verication failure at the end of the process and the same gpt_main0.bin error on the phone.
From what I understand, you can edit the XML file inside the zip file and remove the line with got_main0.bin. Save it and it should install. No guarantees, that's just what I read.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium
NetizenMT - Rocking the 'Net since 1986 and STILL a N00b!

Motorola Droid Razr M - Now Deceased.
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android Jellybean 4.2
Locked Bootloader
Fully Stock