Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,748 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One Won't show up on computer

Tip us?
 
djready
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default HTC One Won't show up on computer

First off i want to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for even looking at this thread. I've found some great stuff on this web site but so far nothing has worked for me so i figured i would put up a thread and see what i get back . First off i have an HTC one m7 from sprint. What im trying to do is unlock bootloader root it and sim unlock it. But im am stuck on the first step of my plan. Connecting the HTC one to the computer lol. Htc one has android 4.4.2 running htc sense 5.5. When i plug it in to the computer sometimes i wont get nothing like no noise saying that its plugged in and trying to get drivers. Other times if im lucky i look on my computer and it shows up as a cd drive but when i click on it i get nothing it says insert disc. These is what i have tried so far: htc driver 4.01.001, htc_bmp usb driver x64 1.0.5375, about five usb cables even an actual htc one cable. tried to connect it with other computers, htc sync, different usb port. I think thats everything lol. Oh and also on my ubuntu laptop but it doesn't show up. At this point im pretty disappointing at the device and kinda want to break it lol. I tried using weaksauce to see if it would work for me and it doesn't just crashes. I've seen some great stuff on these forums and i was hoping i could get a hand. I'm on a windows 7 64bit computer.

Tyvm
 
Devilish_Angel
Old
(Last edited by Devilish_Angel; 19th April 2014 at 10:40 AM.)
#2  
Devilish_Angel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 80
Posts: 235
Join Date: Nov 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready View Post
First off i want to say hi to everyone and thank everyone for even looking at this thread. I've found some great stuff on this web site but so far nothing has worked for me so i figured i would put up a thread and see what i get back . First off i have an HTC one m7 from sprint. What im trying to do is unlock bootloader root it and sim unlock it. But im am stuck on the first step of my plan. Connecting the HTC one to the computer lol. Htc one has android 4.4.2 running htc sense 5.5. When i plug it in to the computer sometimes i wont get nothing like no noise saying that its plugged in and trying to get drivers. Other times if im lucky i look on my computer and it shows up as a cd drive but when i click on it i get nothing it says insert disc. These is what i have tried so far: htc driver 4.01.001, htc_bmp usb driver x64 1.0.5375, about five usb cables even an actual htc one cable. tried to connect it with other computers, htc sync, different usb port. I think thats everything lol. Oh and also on my ubuntu laptop but it doesn't show up. At this point im pretty disappointing at the device and kinda want to break it lol. I tried using weaksauce to see if it would work for me and it doesn't just crashes. I've seen some great stuff on these forums and i was hoping i could get a hand. I'm on a windows 7 64bit computer.

Tyvm
... Connect you Phone with PC and go to Device Manager of your Windows and see if there is anything with the exclamation sign or question mark. and BTW do you get notification on your phone that it is connected to PC ...
 
djready
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish_Angel View Post
... Connect you Phone with PC and go to Device Manager of your Windows and see if there is anything with the exclamation sign or question mark. and BTW do you get notification on your phone that it is connected to PC ...
When i go to device manager nothing shows up with exclamation mark. Yeah it shows usb connected it charges the phone. Sometimes i also get a notification on the phone saying that if the htc sync manager doesn't show up to get it off the website which i have done before with no result.
 
sauprankul
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 200
Posts: 966
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
This may sound crazy, but have you tried using a different USB cable? They tend to get damaged over time, especially at the ends.
Also, what does the windows Device Manager say you've plugged in?
 
djready
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by sauprankul View Post
This may sound crazy, but have you tried using a different USB cable? They tend to get damaged over time, especially at the ends.
Also, what does the windows Device Manager say you've plugged in?
I have used a few cables like maybe around 5 and a oem cable from htc. It doesn't display anything different when it pluged in like it doesn't even recognize it.
 
BD619
Old
(Last edited by BD619; 21st April 2014 at 01:36 AM.)
#6  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7607
Posts: 8,001
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Xda-Dev,NV

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready View Post
I have used a few cables like maybe around 5 and a oem cable from htc. It doesn't display anything different when it pluged in like it doesn't even recognize it.
Uninstall everything HTC.
Reboot PC.
Install these drivers
Plug phone in and let the drivers install (drivers will install while booted to OS,recovery,and fastboot)

Still not recognized? (If you are using Windows 8.1 this will most likely not work, unless you hboot is 1.55 or 1.56)
On your PC go to device manager and find your phone(usually M7WLS), right click and select properties
Select the driver tab
Select update driver
Select browse my comp
Let me pick
Look for ADB USB device or similar should be one of the first couple choices
Select MyHTC install and you should be good

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint


Forum Moderator
 
djready
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
After i installed the drivers when i go to device manager the phone is not listed on there. The only evidence that i have when i plug the phone is on the computer it shows up as a cd drive but it doesn't let me edit the driver for it.
 
BD619
Old
#8  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7607
Posts: 8,001
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Xda-Dev,NV

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready View Post
After i installed the drivers when i go to device manager the phone is not listed on there. The only evidence that i have when i plug the phone is on the computer it shows up as a cd drive but it doesn't let me edit the driver for it.
Did you install both drivers?
HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 and the BMP driver that matches your PC's OS?

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint


Forum Moderator
 
djready
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619 View Post
Did you install both drivers?
HTCDriver_4.2.0.001 and the BMP driver that matches your PC's OS?
Sadly yes i have installed them uninstalled them restarted computer and done it again with no luck.
 
BD619
Old
#10  
BD619's Avatar
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7607
Posts: 8,001
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Xda-Dev,NV

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by djready View Post
Sadly yes i have installed them uninstalled them restarted computer and done it again with no luck.
Check PM

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint


Forum Moderator

The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes