[Q] XBMC PVR Working?

OP Sympl3x

15th May 2014, 06:35 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Edmond, OK
Thanks Meter: 2

82 posts
More
Has anyone managed to get a PVR working on XBMC or SPMC on the Fire TV? I'm using Windows as my host with a HDHomerunPrime, and so far have managed to get TV channels and the EPG to show up, but when I play I get no sound. I've tried ServerWMC and NextPVR with more luck using ServerWMC (I use Windows Media Center as my primary PVR with Xbox 360 extenders)

I'm thinking my sound issue is something with surround sound, I've connected via optical to an older Sony receiver that supports basic DTS and Dolby Digital.

Also, the EPG is extremly slow to pull up and very laggy. I saw a video on youtube with a guy that had it working with an Ouya SPMC version, possible I need to try that.

If anyone has any input or tips that'd be great. If I can get this working smoothly I am to the point where I'm gonna cut the cord from cable an go to OTA channels with an antenna and apps for the rest.
20th May 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 15

40 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympl3x

Has anyone managed to get a PVR working on XBMC or SPMC on the Fire TV? I'm using Windows as my host with a HDHomerunPrime, and so far have managed to get TV channels and the EPG to show up, but when I play I get no sound. I've tried ServerWMC and NextPVR with more luck using ServerWMC (I use Windows Media Center as my primary PVR with Xbox 360 extenders)

I'm thinking my sound issue is something with surround sound, I've connected via optical to an older Sony receiver that supports basic DTS and Dolby Digital.

Also, the EPG is extremly slow to pull up and very laggy. I saw a video on youtube with a guy that had it working with an Ouya SPMC version, possible I need to try that.

If anyone has any input or tips that'd be great. If I can get this working smoothly I am to the point where I'm gonna cut the cord from cable an go to OTA channels with an antenna and apps for the rest.

I have it working with server WMC. I have a silicondust and a WMC as my host also. The only issue is the channel numbers were correct then i updated now they are not accurate. Im hoping this weekend i can play with different versions and get that working again.
23rd May 2014, 02:31 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

190 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCHASE731

I have it working with server WMC. I have a silicondust and a WMC as my host also. The only issue is the channel numbers were correct then i updated now they are not accurate. Im hoping this weekend i can play with different versions and get that working again.

What cable provider do you happen to have
24th May 2014, 12:40 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 5

47 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sympl3x

I have Fios -> hdhomerun -> MythTV -> cmyth on FireTV, everything works out of the box since at least gotham-rc1
28th May 2014, 04:37 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 16

190 posts
More
I can't seem to get ServerWMC working all it does it say working then stops
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread