Battery

Search This thread

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
I understand that innovations are slowing down. They did do the CRAZY good display, but its still plastic, the camera is almost the same, and I though for sure they would increase the battery. The display has to sick more juice, why not compensate. Man I think they half assed this

Sent from the BEST phone I've ever owned my LG G2

LordLugard

Apr 25, 2008
NYC
I understand that innovations are slowing down. They did do the CRAZY good display, but its still plastic, the camera is almost the same, and I though for sure they would increase the battery. The display has to sick more juice, why not compensate. Man I think they half assed this

Did you even digest the specs fully or like the typical person just glossed over the surface and ran to XDA to create a thread?

Camera is same 13MP but has better OIS and laser auto focus. Front camera is improved with F/2.0. Yes it's plastic (don't see anything wrong with that) but better and tougher material, better feel and grip in hand.

The fact that they crammed a 3000mAh removable battery in such a thin frame is innovation itself.

"Why not compensate"..compensate with what? 4000/5000/6000mAh? A battery twice as thick? A phone twice as thick? If they did, you'd run to XDA, create a thread and complain that it's bigger, thicker, heavier, uglier, etc, than the competition.. :rolleyes:

PlatinumNick

Oct 20, 2012
Orlando

The misconception that you and most people get is the only way to get better battery life is the physical size of the battery, but thats wrong! what about reducing how much battery the screen uses, or how the phone sips the juice from the battery, or what the phone does when the screen is off? all those things are incorporated in the G3 if you have read or seen their event. so me personally Im thinking probably same or better battery life than the g2 because of innovations.

Epix4G

Sep 14, 2011
phoenix
Last edited:

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
The way I see it, my daughter's iPhone got cracked all over from a simple drop, my htc one with kickstand case got dented from being in my back pocket. I'm not overweight. So grippy metallic plastic back is more than welcome. I might pay off verizon to hop on tmobile for this bad boy of a phone.

OP I'm pretty sure you had subjective hearing during the conference. The G3 is constructed over our critisisms and responded perfectly. You really shouldn't take these things for granted. With your state of mind, you will never be happy bud.

big70tom

Aug 20, 2011
Exeter, CA 93221
After reading many posts from people smarter than me I am softening on my stance. I am older than most of you so forgive my negativity. I'm now gonna wait and see how it feels in hand and see how battery functions

Kawaisa

Oct 31, 2011
To increase the BL, LG has utilized "adaptive frame rate, adaptive clocking, and adaptive timing control." They also replaced the metal in battery cathode with graphite.

bradbutter

Nov 3, 2008
Bronx, NYC
The way I see it, my daughter's iPhone got cracked all over from a simple drop, my htc one with kickstand case got dented from being in my back pocket. I'm not overweight. So grippy metallic plastic back is more than welcome. I might pay off verizon to hop on tmobile for this bad boy of a phone.

OP I'm pretty sure you had subjective hearing during the conference. The G3 is constructed over our critisisms and responded perfectly. You really shouldn't take these things for granted. With your state of mind, you will never be happy bud.

t mobile will pay your termination fee of your contract if u trade in a phone get your G3 and bring your number over from verizon .... look it up its called ETF reimbursement
i switched from sprint got a $350 prepaid mastercard for my terminartion

dkimmortal

Aug 16, 2011
The Graphite seems to increase the recharge cycles of the battery if I'm not mistaken aka longevity of the battery.
P.S. can't wait to see this in person

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

ikenvape

Oct 5, 2010
East PA
After reading many posts from people smarter than me I am softening on my stance. I am older than most of you so forgive my negativity. I'm now gonna wait and see how it feels in hand and see how battery functions

honestly, the best bet is to wait it out until you see solid feedback being given before making your final judgment. I absolutely enjoyed every aspect of the G2. I'm with you in the excited/weary with a bit of anxiety state. Suppose it just comes down to patience

t mobile will pay your termination fee of your contract if u trade in a phone get your G3 and bring your number over from verizon .... look it up its called ETF reimbursement
i switched from sprint got a $350 prepaid mastercard for my terminartion

Thanks, I seen this, but I believe that I would lose subsidy if I allowed tmo to pay off the termination fee?

splcfiya

Jun 27, 2010
NYC
The misconception that you and most people get is the only way to get better battery life is the physical size of the battery, but thats wrong! what about reducing how much battery the screen uses, or how the phone sips the juice from the battery, or what the phone does when the screen is off? all those things are incorporated in the G3 if you have read or seen their event. so me personally Im thinking probably same or better battery life than the g2 because of innovations.

Its not the same battery as the g2. yes there are software tricks enabled to lesson the drain of the 2k display, but in the end, a physically larger battery will never hurt.,,, because such software tricks can still be utilized on a larger battery.

Not that the battery life is bad, but it isn't class leading or anything. You'll see users posting about 7-8 hours of SOT on M8 and GS5 forums. On this site everyone is just trying their best to get 5-6 hours. I do think 5-6 hours is good, (I got 4 hours on my first discharge, and that included being mostly on LTE and playing around with the camera and taking videos). So i do think I should be able to achieve 5 hours of SOT under normal usage (wifi use and no camera). But its definitively not better than the G2 battery.

PlatinumNick

Oct 20, 2012
Orlando
Its not the same battery as the g2. yes there are software tricks enabled to lesson the drain of the 2k display, but in the end, a physically larger battery will never hurt.,,, because such software tricks can still be utilized on a larger battery.

Not that the battery life is bad, but it isn't class leading or anything. You'll see users posting about 7-8 hours of SOT on M8 and GS5 forums. On this site everyone is just trying their best to get 5-6 hours. I do think 5-6 hours is good, (I got 4 hours on my first discharge, and that included being mostly on LTE and playing around with the camera and taking videos). So i do think I should be able to achieve 5 hours of SOT under normal usage (wifi use and no camera). But its definitively not better than the G2 battery.

Yeah you right about that it is not going to better than the g2. But what your doing is comparing the g3s weakness to the g2s strength. Definitely not a good idea lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Did you even digest the specs fully or like the typical person just glossed over the surface and ran to XDA to create a thread?

Camera is same 13MP but has better OIS and laser auto focus. Front camera is improved with F/2.0. Yes it's plastic (don't see anything wrong with that) but better and tougher material, better feel and grip in hand.

The fact that they crammed a 3000mAh removable battery in such a thin frame is innovation itself.

"Why not compensate"..compensate with what? 4000/5000/6000mAh? A battery twice as thick? A phone twice as thick? If they did, you'd run to XDA, create a thread and complain that it's bigger, thicker, heavier, uglier, etc, than the competition.. :rolleyes: