Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,401 Members 38,289 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Acer Stuck in boot loop and recovery inaccessible.

Tip us?

cranium9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Acer Stuck in boot loop and recovery inaccessible.

My acer a500 currently will not boot past the logo. Restarting and holding down the volume button will let me get to Skrilax's boot loader, but when I try to boot into recovery I'm greeted by an incapacitated android and a floating red exclamation point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to further diagnose the problem to find a solution or simply reset it to a factory default (at least, not without access to recovery).

Had worked fine with no issues.

alextsaurus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranium9 View Post
My acer a500 currently will not boot past the logo. Restarting and holding down the volume button will let me get to Skrilax's boot loader, but when I try to boot into recovery I'm greeted by an incapacitated android and a floating red exclamation point. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to further diagnose the problem to find a solution or simply reset it to a factory default (at least, not without access to recovery).

Had worked fine with no issues.
If its happening after you try the "update.zip" method, I'm in the exact same situation. Im trying anything I can find at this point because I have been at this for weeks...