Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 40,917 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] (Maybe for Devs?) Certain apps can't save to sdcard on kk w/ SD fix

Tip us?

grimloktt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
Default [Q] (Maybe for Devs?) Certain apps can't save to sdcard on kk w/ SD fix

Let me say, I'm aware of the new KK parameters that doesn't allow apps certain SD card rights. HOWEVER, I'm running a ROM w/ SD card fix enabled. I can successfully write to sdcard and, with certain applications such as ezPDF and Kingsoft, I can make changes to files on my sd card.

I can't make changes to files with my preferred office apps: Hancom or Polaris Office. Can we figure out why and fix it?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the permissions of those apps and/or what group (UID or GID) they are assigned to.

Thoughts?

suavejones
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy I feel your pain....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimloktt View Post
Let me say, I'm aware of the new KK parameters that doesn't allow apps certain SD card rights. HOWEVER, I'm running a ROM w/ SD card fix enabled. I can successfully write to sdcard and, with certain applications such as ezPDF and Kingsoft, I can make changes to files on my sd card.

I can't make changes to files with my preferred office apps: Hancom or Polaris Office. Can we figure out why and fix it?

I'm guessing it has something to do with the permissions of those apps and/or what group (UID or GID) they are assigned to.

Thoughts?
I know how you feel dude, this is coming from someone on jellybean who has tried everything. I have tried the sdfix app, adding the permission manually, wiping the sdcard and I still can't add or delete files off my sdcard. At least you have some write access as opposed to me

grimloktt
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 50
No informed inputs? Can't those that are knowledgeable do a little comparison between the Note 12.2 and our ROMs and identify what would be needed to save to SD card? Without knowing anything about coding, it would appear the programs have to be included as a group (UID/GID)--perhaps?