Cube Talk 9x/U65GT Equipped with MTK8392, the 8-core Chipset Devoted to Tablet PCs

Search This thread

mohammad ahamad

Mar 20, 2013
MediaTek recently released its first tablet PC-specified 8-core CPU MTK8392, and Cube Talk 9X will be the first tablet to powered by this chipset.
It's now on presale, perhaps until July. I'll make a full review when it's available for me.

4519457.jpg

The following are the specifications:

Brand & Model: Cube U65GT/TALK9X
Product Type: Tablet PC
Screen Size: 9.7 inches
Operating System: Android 4.4
Processor Type/CPU Type: ARMV7
CPU Manufacturer: MTK
CPU Model: MTK8392, octa-core
CPU Speed/Processor Clock Speed: 1.7GHz

GPU: Mail-450

RAM/ Technology: DDR3
RAM Memory: 2GB
Hard Drive Type: NAND Fast Flash
Hard Drive Capacity: 16GB
Extend Card: Supports an external TF card
Keyboard: Touch Screen
Touchpad Technology: 10-point capacitive IPS touchscreen
Max Resolution:2048*1536
Additional Features/Functions
Bluetooth: v4.0
HDMI: NO
GPS: Built-in GPS module
Camera: Front 2.0 mega pixels, Rear 8.0 mega pixels
G-Sensor: Support
Games: 3D games
Software: YouTube/Facebook/MSN/Android Market/Skype/iReader/Quick Office
Language: English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
Battery Type: 10000 mAh
Battery/Run Time: Audio: 38 hours, Video: 6 hours
Power Device Type: AC Adapter (American plug)
Voltage Required: 100-240v

USB Port: Micro, 5pin
Audio Port: 3.5 mm
Video Port: N/A
HDMI Port: N/A
Card Slot: TF card slot
DC Input: Micro

Wireless Connection: Wi-Fi, 3G
Call Type: 3G call
Network Support: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, WCDMA 900/2100
3G: WCDMA
Wireless Protocol: 802.11 b, 802.11 g, 802.11 n

Supported Formats

Video: AVC/WMV/MPEG
Audio: MP2/WMA/AAC/WAV/FLAC/OGG
Picture: JPG/BMP/PNG
Ebook: PDF/TXT/WORD/EXCEL/PPT
Product Details (without package and accessories)
Dimensions: 237x 170 x 7.5 mm
Weight: 560 g

Last edited:

mohammad ahamad

Mar 20, 2013
And i occupy the second floor for my review :D. When i get the tablet, i'll edit this post to add my review.

Last edited:

dotsync

Jul 8, 2007
It's here! :D

Attached are some pics I took of the tablet at work today.
Physically, it is a very nice looking device and feels very good in the hand; pretty comparable to the iPad Air. It's sturdy with no creaking. You can see some very small imperfections in the metal finishing around the buttons and speaker, but they are not really noticeable unless you look closely.
The screen is gorgeous; bright and sharp with good viewing angle performance.
The WiFi works well and the OS is very snappy.
GSM only worked in 2G with my T-Mobile microSIM. This was expected because of it's limited US radio compatibility.
The speakers are a bit tinny and don't have the low end or loudness that the iPad Air has.
The camera isn't great. You can see a lot of muddy compression and distortion, but that may be the app it uses. I'll do more testing on that later.
AnTuTu is 42162! (screenshots attached)
After using it for an hour or so, I am very pleased for the price I paid ($250 total shipped from China via DHL).

I will add more details to this post as I use the device more.

**UPDATES**
Tried Google Camera and the images seem clearer. Definitely a usable camera, but won't replace your P&S.
GPS is very slow and sometimes does not pick up.
Screen transitions are not the smoothest. The tablet runs fast, but seems to hiccup here and there when loading apps and images. I think this is pretty normal for China devices. I'm going to research some tweaks and I'll update if I find anything that helps. Please keep me informed of any suggestions as well.
Battery meter is not very accurate but the device seems to have a very long battery life.
Shuame/Root Genius does not work. Device is unrooted.
Google Chrome keeps crashing. Tried 2 different versions. Native Browser and Firefox work fine.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_20140611_185102.jpg
    IMG_20140611_185102.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 4,664
  • IMG_20140611_185109.jpg
    IMG_20140611_185109.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 4,464
  • IMG_20140611_185119.jpg
    IMG_20140611_185119.jpg
    265.2 KB · Views: 3,107
  • Screenshot_2014-06-11-19-31-32.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-19-31-32.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 3,365
  • Screenshot_2014-06-11-19-31-23.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-11-19-31-23.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 5,195
Last edited:

bluefish007

May 30, 2014
sounds good. What country are you from and which shipping company will ship?
I can't wait for your test:D I want to order one too ... ;P

razkoc

Oct 7, 2008
4.4.2 rom

You can find on google 4.4.2 rom for this device.
ROM Cube Talk9x U65GT – ROM Android 4.4.2

Official ROM Cube Talk9x U65GT Version: 0502L012_EP79-U65GTB18MXXTDC_V1.3_20140527 – KOT49H

Last edited:

Robert_it

Mar 17, 2009
Trescore Balneario (IT)
One thing which is going to be a showstopper for me is Cube's persistence to use their own chargers, why on earth would you divert from the now widely accepted micro-USB standard??
My daughter have had a Cube tablet and the very thin (think it is in the 3mm range) charger plug got broken so many times...

I am right now using the Onda V975M and that got micro-USB charger like the rest of the family's devices... I will never go back from a standard charger tablet simply due to the amount of chargers you end up with. Really do not understand this oversight???

Had this come with Micro-USB I would have pre-ordered one already :) and given my Onda to my daughter.

Other than this it does really look great.... Wow I would like to get one.... If only.....!!! :crying:

Edit: I am getting different information on the charger issues??? some places it is mentioned a "12v charger" and others a "5v micro USB" charger...
Can anybody actually confirm what is the correct one before I flame this any further ?? As stated... IF this actually DO have a standard charger, then one will be pre ordered shortly :)

Last edited:

mohammad ahamad

Mar 20, 2013
Edit: I am getting different information on the charger issues??? some places it is mentioned a "12v charger" and others a "5v micro USB" charger...
Can anybody actually confirm what is the correct one before I flame this any further ?? As stated... IF this actually DO have a standard charger, then one will be pre ordered shortly :)

It may have both DC port and USB port. The very tablet is not available for me now, so i can't tell. :cyclops:

dotsync

Jul 8, 2007
According to devicespecifications.com, it supports micro USB charging. Mine was shipped Fri via DHL and I should have it this week to confirm.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-08-10-34-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-08-10-34-21.png
    188 KB · Views: 1,210
Feb 17, 2013
Dhaka
Has anyone got their hands on this tablet? please post a review!! im totally confused between which tablet to go for, this or teclast x98 3g. some problems i read about in the cube talk 9x is that the firmware has issues, the transition animations aren't smooth for example, and when pressing the power button to wake up the tablet from standby mode, it takes 3 - 5 seconds. can someone please comment? till now i havent been able to find any full reviews of this tablet, although there are several available for the teclast x98. How is its day to day performance and how good is the battery backup? any particular issues to be aware of? and lastly, where do we go for getting firmware updates from cube and how does it work? thanks a lot!!

mohammad ahamad

Mar 20, 2013
Has anyone got their hands on this tablet? please post a review!! im totally confused between which tablet to go for, this or teclast x98 3g. some problems i read about in the cube talk 9x is that the firmware has issues, the transition animations aren't smooth for example, and when pressing the power button to wake up the tablet from standby mode, it takes 3 - 5 seconds. can someone please comment? till now i havent been able to find any full reviews of this tablet, although there are several available for the teclast x98. How is its day to day performance and how good is the battery backup? any particular issues to be aware of? and lastly, where do we go for getting firmware updates from cube and how does it work? thanks a lot!!

presale:eek:

ssingaram

Jun 10, 2006
Singapore
There is no comparison between the Onda v975m and this tablet ( I have both these tablets ). The build quality on this tablet is much better that the onda. I just got mine 12 hours ago directly from cube. Pre ordered it 2 weeks ago ( 2GB/32 GB) and am now just testing it. For some reason when I ordered it 2 weeks ago the price of the 2G/16GB model and the 2GB/32GB model were the same. Some mistake cube made as the price is now USD30 more. So far no lag, no charging issues, screens fantastic and very fast tablet. Only problem I have so far is with Chrome not being able to run and the CPU is limited at 1.6667 Ghz instead of 2.0 Ghz. Ran Antutu X and got a score of 40370.

Reactions: bluefish007

vagelisss

May 31, 2010
There is no comparison between the Onda v975m and this tablet ( I have both these tablets ). The build quality on this tablet is much better that the onda. I just got mine 12 hours ago directly from cube. Pre ordered it 2 weeks ago ( 2GB/32 GB) and am now just testing it. For some reason when I ordered it 2 weeks ago the price of the 2G/16GB model and the 2GB/32GB model were the same. Some mistake cube made as the price is now USD30 more. So far no lag, no charging issues, screens fantastic and very fast tablet. Only problem I have so far is with Chrome not being able to run and the CPU is limited at 1.6667 Ghz instead of 2.0 Ghz. Ran Antutu X and got a score of 40370.

Could you please tell me the site you bought it from?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The reason for posting the link on Pipo P1 & P8 is to get you to wait at least another few weeks until some of these new devices hit the market. From my opinion, you cannot go wrong with any of the new devices.
    Cube Talk 9X - fast tablet, purely CPU driven based on the data from the Antutu X bench mark results, GPU is just average based on the MALI 450MP looking at the ice storm extreme score of 4600, very slim & solid design and bright retina screen. Battery life - My Son played Terraria for about 2 hours and battery drained from full charge to about 60%. Still testing this.
    Some software like Chrome crashes but in general most work.
    Pipo P1 - Also 9.7" retina screen based on the RK3288. Still waiting for this tablet to arrive. Pre ordered it 3 weeks ago. Quad core Cortexs A17 on paper ( maybe A12 ). All information point to a very powerful SoC capable of running multi windows up to 4K support because of the MALI T764. First SoC with the Arm Mali T7XX series. Battery life a suspect. Bezel not as thin as the Cube.
    Pipo P8 - This is a very slim 7.9" ipad mini clone tablet with retina screen. Very bright and sharp screen from the initial information out from China. This is also a tablet to watch for.
    I have also the Pipo T9 which I am also happy with. All these tablets have a decent ROM coming out of the box unlike the customized ones from Onda v975m.
    This is a very interesting time for all as we will soon have many choices. If you can hold off for a couple of weeks and wait for the introduction of some of these new tablets, you have more choices to choose from and very decent choices at that too. The price range From what I have seen is around USD200 - 350.
    It's here! :D

Attached are some pics I took of the tablet at work today.
    Physically, it is a very nice looking device and feels very good in the hand; pretty comparable to the iPad Air. It's sturdy with no creaking. You can see some very small imperfections in the metal finishing around the buttons and speaker, but they are not really noticeable unless you look closely.
    The screen is gorgeous; bright and sharp with good viewing angle performance.
    The WiFi works well and the OS is very snappy.
    GSM only worked in 2G with my T-Mobile microSIM. This was expected because of it's limited US radio compatibility.
    The speakers are a bit tinny and don't have the low end or loudness that the iPad Air has.
    The camera isn't great. You can see a lot of muddy compression and distortion, but that may be the app it uses. I'll do more testing on that later.
    AnTuTu is 42162! (screenshots attached)
    After using it for an hour or so, I am very pleased for the price I paid ($250 total shipped from China via DHL).

I will add more details to this post as I use the device more.

**UPDATES**
    Tried Google Camera and the images seem clearer. Definitely a usable camera, but won't replace your P&S.
    GPS is very slow and sometimes does not pick up.
    Screen transitions are not the smoothest. The tablet runs fast, but seems to hiccup here and there when loading apps and images. I think this is pretty normal for China devices. I'm going to research some tweaks and I'll update if I find anything that helps. Please keep me informed of any suggestions as well.
    Battery meter is not very accurate but the device seems to have a very long battery life.
    Shuame/Root Genius does not work. Device is unrooted.
    Google Chrome keeps crashing. Tried 2 different versions. Native Browser and Firefox work fine.

Cheers!
    Really? I'll check and edit.

Excellent. Oh, and they are available on AliExpress right now. I should have mine in less than 2 weeks.
    Thinking of buying the Teclast X98 3G

Anyone with a suggestion?
    Go to a teclast thread...
    you can take screenshots by pressing VOLUME and POWER same time...
    Everyone now get this Antutu score now cause the benchmark is patched. 26k-29k are realistic score for this chipset like mtk6592...

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk