hard bricked? vs980 NEED HELP PLEASE

Search This thread

pete022682

May 26, 2014
hello all, im a noob and think my phone is good enough to throw in the garbage. you tell me!!

so i use my vs980 on tmobiles network and only get at best hspa so i tried to throw a tmobile stock rom on my vs980 to try and get 4g ive seen people doing it i was hesitant but did it anyway. i had a zip for a verizon kernel now the rom installed successfully but the kernel didnt i meant to try to restore a backup but accidentally hit reboot and now every time i power on my phone i get black screen
fastboot mode started
reset
portchange
reset
portchange
fastboot processing commands

cant get into twrp with two button combo cant do a factory reset, infact that has changed looks a bit different than it used to, assuming its a tmobile factory reset screen

i tried to do the kdz and tot method to return to stock aswell phones not recognized for either method

i installed ubuntu on virtual box to try and push recovery.img, laf.img, aboot.img. boot.img. etc but phones not recognized in terminals fastboot says <waiting for device> any way to get ubuntu to recognize my device? any special drivers i need?

ive searched high and low for a solution im so exausted and could really use some veterans help please help this noob out... thanks in advance for any help from you guys!!

spinninbsod

May 17, 2013
new york city
hello all, im a noob and think my phone is good enough to throw in the garbage. you tell me!!

so i use my vs980 on tmobiles network and only get at best hspa so i tried to throw a tmobile stock rom on my vs980 to try and get 4g ive seen people doing it i was hesitant but did it anyway. i had a zip for a verizon kernel now the rom installed successfully but the kernel didnt i meant to try to restore a backup but accidentally hit reboot and now every time i power on my phone i get black screen
fastboot mode started
reset
portchange
reset
portchange
fastboot processing commands

cant get into twrp with two button combo cant do a factory reset, infact that has changed looks a bit different than it used to, assuming its a tmobile factory reset screen

i tried to do the kdz and tot method to return to stock aswell phones not recognized for either method

i installed ubuntu on virtual box to try and push recovery.img, laf.img, aboot.img. boot.img. etc but phones not recognized in terminals fastboot says <waiting for device> any way to get ubuntu to recognize my device? any special drivers i need?

ive searched high and low for a solution im so exausted and could really use some veterans help please help this noob out... thanks in advance for any help from you guys!!

thats not even close to a hard brick it is in bootloader mode do not let it die keep it plugged in because if the battery dies then you have a real big problem im not sure what to do after this but i know you dont want the battery to die

pete022682

May 26, 2014
well that's reassuring

Keeping phone plugged in. Now if I can get some tips as to why I cant get it to communicate with ubuntu in this bootloader mode to push the files I need. Any help anyone? Please. Where I go from here?

Last edited:

pete022682

May 26, 2014
Tried putting laf.IMG in your script folder bender it brought cmd to<waiting for device> my comp won't communicate with my phone for some reason. Am I missing any special drivers?

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
if you manage to install the driver the rest should go easy.

It's weird, on some systems it wont install the driver properly(adb) but google nexus driver installs fine.

pete022682

May 26, 2014
i was hoping so

if you manage to install the driver the rest should go easy.

It's weird, on some systems it wont install the driver properly(adb) but google nexus driver installs fine.

so this is where were at bender....

got drivers installed, phone is being recognized...

pushed laf.img with your script...GOT DOWNLOAD MODE BACK!!yes, progress...

went to factory restore with .TOT method.....FAILED

shows PID#, IMEI#, MODEL,D801 DLL VS980 SBUV Xdabbeb's vs98024a 1.1.1 11 SWOV Xdabbeb's vs98024a 1.1.1 11 device doesn't match

ideally i would love to just turn this vs980 into a d801 stock kitkat by pushing all nessassary d801 files would that work what would be my options here?

APAM88

Feb 4, 2014
Ultra brick G2 vs980! T_T

Good night lords of XDA!

I come to you after exhausting all that I could find and try, hope you can enlighten me, you would save a new G2 that is about to become a gleaming brick:

Summary: I have in hand a Verizon LG G2 vs980, with the intention of using it in Spain. After a bad flash a ROM for a different model, you could not access recovery mode or download mode, only fastboot.
Thanks to this great tutorial, I could flash by ADB and fastboot files an official ROM for this G2, but after a correct process, the G2 restarted and only shows "Security error" before shutting ...

I still do not have access to recovery or download, and now not to fastboot. Only allows me to access the screen "Factory reset", but in doing nothing changes.

How could re-flash a recovery or something like that allows me relive my G2?

Thank you very much in advance. You are my salvation. XD

PS: I apologize for any clerical error or misused term. I do not usually write in English.

Sorry, wrong thread. XDD

Last edited: