Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,820 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.3 UPDATE FOR GALAXY s4 mini

Tip us?

android.zealot.fervor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,422
Default 4.3 UPDATE FOR GALAXY s4 mini

Customers of three big Canadian carriers, Bell, Rogers and Telus, reported this weekend that their Samsung Galaxy S4 and Samsung Galaxy S4 mini handsets are getting updated to Android 4.3. The update for the Samsung Galaxy S4 weighs in at a hefty 790MB and besides Android 4.3, the update also brings Samsung KNOX to both phones. This offers a secure set of applications that are protected from malware and viruses. We're talking about a browser, calendar, contacts and email applications that are in a "secure container" allowing you to use them for work without fear.

The update also makes both devices compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Gear smartwatch and adds performance and UI improvements along with security enhancements. The update to the Samsung Galaxy S4 brings build number I337MVLUEMK6 to the phone while the new build version for the Samsung Galaxy S4 mini is I257MVLUAMK5.

The update has been arriving to both models OTA and if you haven't received the notification yet, you can try to coax it out of the phone by going to Settings > About > Software Update.

SOURCE:PHONEARENA

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to android.zealot.fervor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

_behrooz_
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Is this update for s4 mini dual sim ?

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 2

Rockologist
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by _behrooz_ View Post
Is this update for s4 mini dual sim ?

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk 2
Seeing as the firmware starts with "I257" it's probably not for the I9192, but I could be wrong.

---------- Post added at 04:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

The firmware will probably be for the Bell S 4 Mini SGH-I257M, which is pretty close to the LTE S 4 Mini version GT-I9195, so the LTE version might be the next to get 4.3.

If I had to guess it'll still be a while for the GT-I9190 and GT-I9192 but who knows when it comes to official updates.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rockologist For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

android.zealot.fervor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1,422
Yes, you are right. But hopefully the 4.3 updates for other s4 mini models will be released. Like what happened with GALAXY S3. Initially Galaxy s3 international version got the JB 4.3 update and later t-mobile and other carriers got JB 4.3 for s3.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk
THE BEST NATURE INSPIRED WEATHER CLOCK FOR Y0UR DEVICE

Void Power
Old
Thanks Meter 1
This KNOX is another portion of Samsung's crappy bloatware, right? I hope it can be disabled.

systwk
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Void Power View Post
This KNOX is another portion of Samsung's crappy bloatware, right? I hope it can be disabled.
Of course not. It keeps your emails and personal data secure, the same as locked bootloaders keep phones stock.
(And yeah, it can be easily removed)

FrancoBegbie
Old
(Last edited by FrancoBegbie; 5th December 2013 at 08:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 7
Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app
Galaxy S4 Mini LTE - GT-I9195
Moto G 16Gb GB Retail
Nexus 7 (2012)

junkyde
Old
Thanks Meter 280

DONATE TO ME
http://www.sammobile.com/2013/12/13/...id-4-3-update/
Device: Samsung Galaxy S4 mini (GT-I9195)
Rom: Stock-Rom (NB3)
Kernel: Vikinger (BLN)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to junkyde For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sks93
Old
Thanks Meter 42
wonder when the 4.3 update will arrive? btw just updated my s4 mini to latest firmware and found that LINE messaging app and Gear manager app comes pre installed lol

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

arco68
Old
(Last edited by arco68; 14th December 2013 at 09:45 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 19,420

DONATE TO ME
Anyone with the Verizon variant received it yet? I'm interested in a dump of the boot and system partitions.

I have a hunch that they messed up in the support document, as the build number they listed in the beginning is JDQ39, which is 4.2, but later in the document they mention 4.3. So hard to say what to believe, although I think it's only 4.2.
Haters gonna hate

~$ git revert
746865696e7465726e6574

GitHub

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to arco68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]