No registration required

Boot from external

OP Muhff

24th June 2014, 07:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 14

91 posts
More
Bit of a ridiculous question I know.. Is there anyway to install/boot from sdcard1(external)? If a computer can do it why can't my smartphone? My internal memory is shot, was trying to find another way around buying a new phone...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app
25th June 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag bolton, on
Thanks Meter: 3,422

3,153 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhff

Bit of a ridiculous question I know.. Is there anyway to install/boot from sdcard1(external)? If a computer can do it why can't my smartphone? My internal memory is shot, was trying to find another way around buying a new phone...

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA Free mobile app

short answer, no
long answer, on pc's you can control the boot process through the bios, u cant on android or any other smart device afaik
The Following User Says Thank You to vincom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2014, 10:53 AM   |  #3  
Flag stilwell, OK
Thanks Meter: 221

1,123 posts
Donate to Me
More
I'm not sure about the snapdragon s3 but on the snaps s4 on the galaxy s3 if the processor fails to boot from the emmc (like trying to downgrade the bootloader on a triped e-fuse) it will then try to boot from the SD card (this has fixed a lot of hardbricked galaxy s3s and probably any other snap s4 phone)......another possibility is multibooting....I had a Sony xperia play and I could boot my main ROM along with 2 other Roms that were on my sdcard

Sent from my ATT Samsung Galaxy SIII using TapaTalk
The Following User Says Thank You to crazymonkey05 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread