Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,775 Members 40,960 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC ONE M7 Google Play Conversion

Tip us?

Gizzy666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Default HTC ONE M7 Google Play Conversion

Hey all,
I have looked and i seriously can't find anything, Maybe i didn't look hard enough??

But anyway i was wondering is there a way i can fully convert my HTC ONE M7 to the google play edition jus tlike you can with the M8?
And receive OTA as well?

If this is possible could someone please link me to the thread? Thanks will be awarded!!!

Thank you!
If i have helped you at all, Please just press the "Thanks" button It really does help

n1234d
Old
Thanks Meter 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizzy666 View Post
Hey all,
I have looked and i seriously can't find anything, Maybe i didn't look hard enough??

But anyway i was wondering is there a way i can fully convert my HTC ONE M7 to the google play edition jus tlike you can with the M8?
And receive OTA as well?

If this is possible could someone please link me to the thread? Thanks will be awarded!!!

Thank you!
Read again.. In the development thread
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant)
HBOOT 3.16 S-ON
1.56.720.6 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel

ericiidx
Old
(Last edited by ericiidx; 29th May 2014 at 07:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Understand that everything you do is at your own risk and none of these modifications are guaranteed to work by their authors. This will wipe all of the contents of your phone, so consider backing up any files that aren't on cloud storage.

You will need to do the following in this order:

1.) Unlock your device's bootloader, either through http://www.htcdev.com or by other means. If you are on HBOOT 1.44 or earlier (unlikely,) you can do this "off the grid." For convenience's sake, you can safely unlock your bootloader via the aforementioned website, but it may have implications on your warranty.
2.) Install a custom recovery of your choice (CWM or TWRP) and obtain root on your device.
3.) Create a backup of your current OS in the event that anything goes wrong. Immediately transfer this backup to your PC/Mac storage.
(These three steps are detailed here.)

4.) S-OFF (security off) your device via Firewater, see here.

5.) Download either the pre-rooted or non-rooted 4.4.2 Google Play Edition RUU from here, and be sure your MID and CID (ex. PN07140, T-MOB010) are listed and supported before continuing. (RUU is short for ROM Upgrade Utility; think of the file as an OS install DVD that you will be putting into your phone, much like you would a freshly formatted computer.)

6.) If your bootloader is unlocked, custom recovery is installed, rooted, backup created, S-OFF, Google Play Edition RUU is downloaded, and you are successfully connected to your phone via adb, continue with the installation steps in the last linked thread exactly as they are listed, beginning with "adb reboot bootloader". Again a reminder that this will wipe your phone's storage and, once rebooted, will be running the Google Play Edition OS.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ericiidx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gizzy666
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5

DONATE TO ME
Thank you, for giving me an actual reply. I would have been just happy with a link. You've done more than that I've hit the thanks button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericiidx View Post
Understand that everything you do is at your own risk and none of these modifications are guaranteed to work by their authors. This will wipe all of the contents of your phone, so consider backing up any files that aren't on cloud storage.

You will need to do the following in this order:

1.) Unlock your device's bootloader, either through http://www.htcdev.com or by other means. If you are on HBOOT 1.44 or earlier (unlikely,) you can do this "off the grid." For convenience's sake, you can safely unlock your bootloader via the aforementioned website, but it may have implications on your warranty.
2.) Install a custom recovery of your choice (CWM or TWRP) and obtain root on your device.
3.) Create a backup of your current OS in the event that anything goes wrong. Immediately transfer this backup to your PC/Mac storage.
(These three steps are detailed here.)

4.) S-OFF (security off) your device via Firewater, see here.

5.) Download either the pre-rooted or non-rooted 4.4.2 Google Play Edition RUU from here, and be sure your MID and CID (ex. PN07140, T-MOB010) are listed and supported before continuing. (RUU is short for ROM Upgrade Utility; think of the file as an OS install DVD that you will be putting into your phone, much like you would a freshly formatted computer.)

6.) If your bootloader is unlocked, custom recovery is installed, rooted, backup created, S-OFF, Google Play Edition RUU is downloaded, and you are successfully connected to your phone via adb, continue with the installation steps in the last linked thread exactly as they are listed, beginning with "adb reboot bootloader". Again a reminder that this will wipe your phone's storage and, once rebooted, will be running the Google Play Edition OS.
If i have helped you at all, Please just press the "Thanks" button It really does help
Tags
google play, htc m7