[Q] Wiped internal storage, ROMs and recovery can't mount

22 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By JustLikeThat, Junior Member on 27th May 2014, 11:33 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm a dummy.

First off, I'm still S-On.

I was attempting to flash a GPe ROM using TWRP and figured I'd wipe my phone while I was waiting for ROM to download. I clicked 'Wipe' and after not very carefully choosing my option and typing 'yes' (bottom right button, the one that nukes everything) I found that I couldn't keep my Recovery partitions running because they couldn't mount to the internal storage. TWRP just flickers before finally rebooting into a loop and Philz runs for about 20 seconds while giving me errors that it can't open or mount to `cache/recovery/...` before rebooting into the loop.

I've tried formatting the directories in Philz in separate 20 second windows by hand and have managed to make my way through the list (/cache, /data, /system, etc) to no avail. The errors that Philz gives that it can't open or mount to `/cache/recovery/...` are gone, but there is still only 20 seconds that I'm able to use it before rebooting into a loop. I've tried booting into recoveries with `fastboot boot boot/recovery.img` but those only stay running as long as the flashed recoveries (BTW I've downloaded all the recoveries and ROMs I'm trying multiple times).

It seems like the only thing I have at my disposal right now is Fastboot; ADB works in the 20 second windows, but I haven't been able to find anything on how to fix this and can't do much by myself in 20 seconds; I've tried to use RebootRUU, but as far as I can tell that just brings me to a black screen with HTC and gives me access to Fastboot.

I have no idea what to attempt next, does anyone have any thoughts or pointers? Thank you.
28th May 2014, 02:31 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 302
I advise u to run a ruu..then reflash a new recovery

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

Nvm. Ur s on

---------- Post added at 01:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

Your best bet is to get to bootloader and flash a new recovery. Is your Boot loader unlocked ?

28th May 2014, 06:42 AM |#3  
Forum Moderator
Knocking on your door
Thanks Meter: 13,212
Donate to Me
What device do you have? I think you're in the wrong device forum.

Sent from my Evita
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread