NOTE 1: I recommend that everyone uses @Bhargav97's Google Apps package (cm11 v2.2 version or later). Other versions of gapps may cause issues or break delta updates.
NOTE 2: You must ensure that your phone is running the latest baseband available for your region, or else your device will not operate correctly when a SIM card is inserted. If you have a cooperve and tassve, you may need to flash the latest totoro baseband (which will work correctly on your device). Please see @marcussmith2626's stock ROM thread for links to the appropriate files.
Information for users:
- This topic is intended only as a meeting point for other developers of the shared BCM21553 devices to discuss and solve issues related to development. If you are not a developer, please restrict your posts to the general discussion thread so that developers can maintain good communication. Thanks for your understanding.
- ClockworkMod v184.108.40.206 or later (MTD version) is mandatory to install CM11. If needed, download the latest recovery build here
- Download the latest full OTA build for totoro from here
- If necessary, flash the ClockworkMod v6 build, then reboot into recovery. If you can't flash the CWMv6 update package (.zip) in your existing recovery, use the Odin package (.tar.md5) instead.
- Perform a data wipe - this is mandatory if upgrading from an older Android revision
- Flash the OTA package and reboot.
- Please consult the cm-ota instructions on Jenkins.
Current issues (06/10/2014)
- OMX codecs (for accelerated audio/video - may never be solved)
- SIM unlock doesn't work (you must remove your SIM lock in another device/ROM)
- Video recorder
Summary of major work done:
- Forked broadcomCM devices into androidarmv6 repository (forked from ics branches).
- Initial changes needed for cm-11.0 have been committed to cooperve, tassve, totoro and bcm21553-common device trees.
- All of Broadcom's code has been adapted for the cm-11.0 branch.
- After some reverse engineering of the vendor binaries, "adbd" and "init" built from source now work correctly. ADB will now set the proper USB mode, can give a root shell, and no longer has a hardcoded dependency on /system/bin/sh, which should help a great deal with debugging. We also no longer need to use the init prebuilt binary - the source-built version is now compatible.
- Implemented common kernel source for totoro, cooperve and tassve.
- Implemented hybrid boot/recovery/charge ramdisk.
- Fixed WiFi, Bluetooth, Bluetooth tether & mac addresses.
- Fixed graphical performance regression on CM11 branch.
- Fixed basic audio (speaker, microphone, software encoders/decoders)
- Fixed GPS.
- Fixed Gallery, wallpaper chooser, live wallpapers, RenderScript, and possible EGL crashes in other apps
- Added workaround for SystemUI corruption
- Fixed graphical corruption/stability issues (caused by buggy GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer extension)
- Fixed RIL, telephony and audio routing to speakers, headset, earpiece, microphone and microphone mute.
- Audio routing improvements/fixes, small graphics performance optimizations
- Fixed camera
- Fixed wifi tethering
- Updated to newer bcmdhd wifi driver to resolve wifi instability
- Fixed USB tethering (with caveats)
- Improved audio routing and fixed BT headsets (SCO)
* = this code is work in progress, which means that it is not yet available in the OTA build.
CyanogenMod 11 for Samsung BCM21553 series, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Y GT-S5360
Last Updated 2014-10-27