Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,274 Members 38,584 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Resolution issue after upgrade 4.4.2, maybe?

Tip us?

Falcondfb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Resolution issue after upgrade 4.4.2, maybe?

noob here. 1st post

As silly a problem as this is i am gonna throw it out there anyway.

I recently replaced my stock android os on my nook hd+ (4.0) with 4.4.2 from cyanogenMod, and updated today at cm-11-2014522-nightly.

The os works great and is way better at everything then the one from B&N. I have no complaints except that the resolution on my Megapolis game is too high and all the in game icons on the screen are to small. There are no in game adjustments for resolution but where it played fine on 4.0 it is tiny on 4.4.2. I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. The game developer suggested to reboot, duh, and try another internet connection like DSL. Wow.

If anyone has a suggestion it is greatly appreciated.

irimolsjik572
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcondfb View Post
noob here. 1st post

As silly a problem as this is i am gonna throw it out there anyway.

I recently replaced my stock android os on my nook hd+ (4.0) with 4.4.2 from cyanogenMod, and updated today at cm-11-2014522-nightly.

The os works great and is way better at everything then the one from B&N. I have no complaints except that the resolution on my Megapolis game is too high and all the in game icons on the screen are to small. There are no in game adjustments for resolution but where it played fine on 4.0 it is tiny on 4.4.2. I have fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. The game developer suggested to reboot, duh, and try another internet connection like DSL. Wow.

If anyone has a suggestion it is greatly appreciated.
Use this app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...MpPQsQSc0oC4CA

Note: These changes degrade image quality drastically

I downscale my resolution to 900p (960x1440, 180DPI) for gaming performance increases. Maybe you should try 720p (768x1152, 140dpi) Reboot and voilą, not only do you have huge gaming performance increases, but everything on screen is bigger.

NOT MY INFO/IDEA, GOT IT FROM AN OLD THREAD.

Nook HD+ CM11, fuzz kernel, TWRP
Galaxy S3 stock 4.4 OTA

Romans 1:16
Sprint Galaxy S3

ROM
PA 4.5 Beta 1 Build 2 w/ART

Kernel
BMS Kernel Build 2014-08-06

History
2012: Kindle Fire(Given Away) /Motorola Droid (Lost) /IdeaTab A2109 (Traded For GT2) /
2013: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE (Bricked) /Razr M (Sold) /Galaxy S3 (Current Phone) /Sero 7 Pro (Broken) /
2014: Nook HD+ (Battery over-heated)

Falcondfb
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
tried that but "superuser" said no

irimolsjik572
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcondfb View Post
tried that but "superuser" said no
I know. Some kind of bug with the app. I had to download SuperSU, and set preferences to auto grant, so that there is no superuser popup.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Sprint Galaxy S3

ROM
PA 4.5 Beta 1 Build 2 w/ART

Kernel
BMS Kernel Build 2014-08-06

History
2012: Kindle Fire(Given Away) /Motorola Droid (Lost) /IdeaTab A2109 (Traded For GT2) /
2013: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 LTE (Bricked) /Razr M (Sold) /Galaxy S3 (Current Phone) /Sero 7 Pro (Broken) /
2014: Nook HD+ (Battery over-heated)