FORUMS

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (May 17 – 23)

Another week, another recap. The Sunday tradition marches on this week with a fresh … more

Huawei To Sell Honor Smartphones Via Indian Retail Outlets

World’s fourth largest smartphone maker Huawei plans to now sell its … more

Sunday Debate: Are Smaller Bezels Better or Worth It?

Bezels have been getting smaller and smaller as the years go by, and while devices … more

LG G4 First Impressions and Unboxing – XDA TV

The latest in LG’s signature line of “G phones” has been released. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] No earpiece sound on stock KitKat 4.4.2

5th June 2014, 08:11 AM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I "upgraded" to KitKat through PC Companion and can't get any sound from the earpiece. I tried the service tests and still nothing. I tried installing KitKat again, this time using an ftf on flashtool and wiping everything; still no earpiece sound. I then flashed another rom (Carbon), and the sound is fine there so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. Does anyone know what the cause could be? Better yet, how can it be fixed?

I gave up on KK for now and just went back to stock 4.2.2 where everything works for me... Would it possibly work right if I update OTA to KK?
Last edited by ryotaru; 5th June 2014 at 08:15 AM.

5th June 2014, 08:51 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Unhappy
I also have the same problem...
5th June 2014, 02:36 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Hi guys,
Mine is working correctly after 4.4.2. But I installed it with full wipe and flash pre root, not PCC...
5th June 2014, 09:26 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryotaru

I "upgraded" to KitKat through PC Companion and can't get any sound from the earpiece. I tried the service tests and still nothing. I tried installing KitKat again, this time using an ftf on flashtool and wiping everything; still no earpiece sound. I then flashed another rom (Carbon), and the sound is fine there so it shouldn't be a hardware issue. Does anyone know what the cause could be? Better yet, how can it be fixed?

I gave up on KK for now and just went back to stock 4.2.2 where everything works for me... Would it possibly work right if I update OTA to KK?

Hi, this is an unsolved bug of the latest stock rom updates. I found a solution:

1. go to Settings --> Apps --> all --> sound enhancements ---> clear data and force stop

2. clear data and force stop Walkman or other music app.

3. restart your cell phone.

But this is not a final solution. The sound bug "comes back" after some days. So, if it appears again you have got to do the same steps.

excuse me if i don't speak english well, I just speak spanish.
Last edited by ClaudioAndres; 5th June 2014 at 10:38 PM.
6th June 2014, 02:11 AM |#5  

More
This application may be of little help you

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium HD app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1402017057146.png
Views:	127
Size:	200.0 KB
ID:	2782980  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lanahonest For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th June 2014, 03:48 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Claudio, I'll give it a shot, thank you for the tip. If that doesn't work, hopefully that app Iana recommended will!
7th June 2014, 01:14 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanahonest

This application may be of little help you

Sent from my C5502 using XDA Premium HD app

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryotaru

Claudio, I'll give it a shot, thank you for the tip. If that doesn't work, hopefully that app Iana recommended will!

I installed SoundAbout. This App told me that my cell phone detects earphones and bluetooth device, but I didn't connect anything.

So, I thought there was a bug in smart connect app, and i was right. I cleared its data. Later, smart connect detected a "phantom" earphones.

It's annoying to make everytime the steps that I posted you, or configuring SoundAbout. I think I'll go back to stock 4.2.2 (the better stock rom for me)
Last edited by ClaudioAndres; 7th June 2014 at 01:44 AM.
7th June 2014, 03:04 AM |#8  

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaudioAndres

I installed SoundAbout. This App told me that my cell phone detects earphones and bluetooth device, but I didn't connect anything.

So, I thought there was a bug in smart connect app, and i was right. I cleared its data. Later, smart connect detected a "phantom" earphones.

It's annoying to make everytime the steps that I posted you, or configuring SoundAbout. I think I'll go back to stock 4.2.2 (the better stock rom for me)

I do not have any problem with this Soundabout really helped me this time
you can use the pro version...
complete all recommendations with bluetooth voice once...!!!!
8th June 2014, 02:25 AM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
The steps Claudio provided only seemed to work for a matter of minutes, but now I have been using the phone problem "free" for over 24 hours with SoundAbout installed. So when will we get a REAL fix from Sony? It seems like it should be an easy fix for them since it's just something in the software detecting a phantom headset connected. Should I just forget about that and buy a pro license for this app. Maybe Sony will reimburse me for it, haha

Thank you both for the input!
Last edited by ryotaru; 8th June 2014 at 02:28 AM.
10th June 2014, 08:05 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
Well, my SoundAbout trial ended and the problem is back. I'm wondering if there is something in the android script or whatever that would "fix" this before ponying up for the Pro version of SoundAbout. Sucks to have to pay to fix Sony's problem
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread