[Q] Possibly Bricked Note 12.2 (won't charge)

Search This thread

Slater5508

Jul 23, 2008
Okay, my Note 12.2 (SM-P900) was rooted, had TWRP 2.7 and running fine until I did the latest update via Kies. After unrooting and letting Kies update to P900UEU1ANC5, I rerooted using CF Auto root and reinstalled TWRP 2.7. Everything went as planned and I began setting up my wifi, Google info, etc. All of a sudden the screen starting flickering off and on and the battery level seemed to drop from 85% to 15% (it started beeping and said battery low, connect to charger) in about 30 minutes or so. And yes I did check the battery level before starting and it was at 93%. So before I got a chance to grab the charger the screen went black and would not come back on. I plugged up, waited a few minutes and hit the power button. The only thing one the screen was the big battery charging icon and it was a little over half green already. I wait and hour or so, try it again and same thing. So I am thinking reboot into download, re-install the .tar through Odin and everything should be golden. Nope...I can only boot up into download or recovery mode when its plugged into the wall, as soon as I unplug, it shuts off as if I had a dead battery. I left it plugged up, (charging?) last night and all day today, just checked it and the same thing. So without being able to get into download mode and connect to a pc what else can I do. Is there any way to maybe load a zip file onto the ext storage and flash it via TWRP???

:( Worst case scenario would mean dropping it on purpose to break the screen and replace it under protection plan at BB. And I REALLY do not want to do that :(

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, many thanks!!!
Reward through Paypal for anyone who can get me up and running, lol.

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
I suggest downloading the ANC5 firmware from sammobile and flash back to stock using Odin 3.09 in Download Mode. Then if it still won't boot, send it back to BB for a replacement.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

Slater5508

Jul 23, 2008
I suggest downloading the ANC5 firmware from sammobile and flash back to stock using Odin 3.09 in Download Mode. Then if it still won't boot, send it back to BB for a replacement.

Actually on my way to BB this morning. I have a copy of the ANC5 firmware but because it wont hold a charge I cannot connect to the pc and go into download mode. PC USB port is not strong enough to charge the battery.

Last edited:

dodo99x

Apr 2, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder if there's an issue with your charger. Try your phone charger

Slater5508

Jul 23, 2008
Just got back from BB with a new NotePro 12.2!! They tried several chargers and none of them worked and since I have not had it a month they decided to give me a new one as opposed to sending it out for service. :cool:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's good news then :)