Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] MMS not working with WiFi

OP conceptR

29th May 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Hello all,

I just recently got the Xperia Z2 and tried sending/receiving MMS picture messages with WiFi on at home and found that it will not go through until I turn it off. I'm currently in the States using the T-Mobile US network. As soon as I turn off WiFi, or if I'm out and about using my phone without WiFi on, I find that the MMS picture messages go through like normal, both receiving and sending. Is anyone having any issues with this that's on the US T-Mobile network, and are there any fixes to this? I haven't contacted T-Mobile yet but I've read a few other forums and it looks like other Android users are running into the same problem. I just haven't seen it brought up on the Xperia phones.

Here's some information on my phone:
- Stock D6503 (Taiwan version that came with the noise canceling headphones & magnetic charging dock)
- 4.4.2 Kit Kat
- Version 17.1.A.2.69
- Has not been rooted, bootloader has not been touched
- Using the stock Messaging app that was installed (Although I also tried downloading the SMS Messaging (AOSP) by Sylvain Galand in the Play Store and it didn't work either)
- MMS auto download & MMS when roaming are both on under the Messaging settings

APN settings were downloaded under the Wireless & networks > Internet Settings > T-Mobile US

Name: T-Mobile US
APN: fast.t-mobile.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mms.msg.english.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMS Proxy: Not set
MMS Port: Not set
MCC: 310
MNC: 260
Authentication type: None
APN Type: default,supl,a-gps,mms
APN protocol: IPv6
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Some other users are saying that their phones will send MMS messages if they enable WiFi calling, but I have not seen that feature included in our Xperia Z2's.
Source: http://support.t-mobile.com/thread/56934

I also read this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2724390 and this http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-1979 with no solution so far.

I guess I could always just turn off the WiFi when sending or receiving MMS messages but I just wanted to ask the community if there was a fix for this.

I generally don't post questions in these forums as I try to dig around as much as possible before posting. Any help or tips would greatly be apprecaited!
Last edited by conceptR; 29th May 2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: missing some info
29th May 2014, 01:01 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 249

654 posts
Change your APN protocol from IPv6 to IPv4/IPv6
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to se1000 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th May 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag San Diego, CA
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by se1000

Change your APN protocol from IPv6 to IPv4/IPv6

Thank you so much! Who knew the solution was that simple! I just tried it and was able to send and receive MMS picture messages while connected to WiFi. Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread