Thread Closed

Battery drain

OP djtheraven

30th May 2014, 03:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 499

2,534 posts
For those of you who install a ROM should know that when a ROM is new it has a settled down period and you have to wait a couple days to a week for good battery life again... That's why every time a new update comes out the first thing everybody says is oh this update is so bad the battery drain is so bad.... Like clockwork every update everybody complains about the battery please wait a week before you start complaining about the battery... And especially if you are on a custom ROM and you switch to the factory ROM then you're going to notice a difference in battery life anyway...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st May 2014, 12:09 AM   |  #2  
Flag Puyallup
Thanks Meter: 42

269 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djtheraven

For those of you who install a ROM should know that when a ROM is new it has a settled down period and you have to wait a couple days to a week for good battery life again... That's why every time a new update comes out the first thing everybody says is oh this update is so bad the battery drain is so bad.... Like clockwork every update everybody complains about the battery please wait a week before you start complaining about the battery... And especially if you are on a custom ROM and you switch to the factory ROM then you're going to notice a difference in battery life anyway...

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have always heard this..
you have to wait a few days to get good battery life..
but why??
what is the phone doing that is draining the battery, that it wont be doing after a few days.
I would think the battery would get worst, the longer you had a rom.. because as time goes on.. you would be adding more apps that would eat up your battery more..

but why do the battery sucks at the beginning??
31st May 2014, 08:03 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 172

473 posts
More
I think it is because when programs are run for the first time the system creates and caches optimized code. This extra work for each program causes more drain.

Frank
31st May 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #4  
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 546

652 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdreco

I have always heard this..
you have to wait a few days to get good battery life..
but why??
what is the phone doing that is draining the battery, that it wont be doing after a few days.
I would think the battery would get worst, the longer you had a rom.. because as time goes on.. you would be adding more apps that would eat up your battery more..

but why do the battery sucks at the beginning??

Simply put, it's indexing, caching, aligning, etc. it takes a while to do all that.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to toastido For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st June 2014, 01:33 PM   |  #5  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag S. FLORIDA
Thanks Meter: 4,477

5,471 posts
More
There is already a thread to discuss battery life in this forum http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=46266927
Please continue within that thread no need to open new ones.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

EFM

Have a great day!
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread