Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,289 Members 36,411 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Sprint LG G2 (LS980) Data Roaming Bug

Tip us?

LordLugard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Default Sprint LG G2 (LS980) Data Roaming Bug

Does anyone experience this scenario where the "Data Roaming" check box seems to uncheck itself in Settings/Mobile Data (hit the Menu button to check "Data Roaming" on)?

Even if I have it set on to Data Roam, every once in a while, it seems to uncheck itself. How do I know this, there's a certain section in the building I work where I usually always roam on Verizon (voice and data, no problem) and previous phones I've had (Note 2 and iPhone 5s) would roam just fine.
With the G2, I'll notice that a triangle pops up in the top left telling me that I've lost data connection because I have Data Roaming turned off. Of course I set it to data roam.
Lo and behold I go into Settings and Data Roaming has turned itself off again, so I check the box to Data Roam and data starts flowing. It will stick for most of the day or two until I notice it again, and the cycle repeats itself.

It gets really frustrating if I don't notice this phantom behaviour because I could be in this particular location for quite sometime and not notice that I don't have data because it's unchecked itself, again.

Anyone?
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2
Moto X (Current)

frogman74
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Mine will stay ticked but bitch that it is disabled. It's annoying.

esoh
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordLugard View Post
Does anyone experience this scenario where the "Data Roaming" check box seems to uncheck itself in Settings/Mobile Data (hit the Menu button to check "Data Roaming" on)?

Even if I have it set on to Data Roam, every once in a while, it seems to uncheck itself. How do I know this, there's a certain section in the building I work where I usually always roam on Verizon (voice and data, no problem) and previous phones I've had (Note 2 and iPhone 5s) would roam just fine.
With the G2, I'll notice that a triangle pops up in the top left telling me that I've lost data connection because I have Data Roaming turned off. Of course I set it to data roam.
Lo and behold I go into Settings and Data Roaming has turned itself off again, so I check the box to Data Roam and data starts flowing. It will stick for most of the day or two until I notice it again, and the cycle repeats itself.

It gets really frustrating if I don't notice this phantom behaviour because I could be in this particular location for quite sometime and not notice that I don't have data because it's unchecked itself, again.

Anyone?
I have a similar problem in that the box will stay checked, but I get "Data Roam Guard" notifications all of the time, even though I have the setting to not get the notifications. When I click remember this setting it doesn't take, and I also get the triangles regularly. It's very annoying.

LordLugard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 289
Sadly I've gone back to my 5S. Just couldn't take it anymore constantly losing data where I never did before. Still keeping the phone hoping a not too far in the future update helps.

I can't believe this isn't happening to more people. Can't even find an inkling anywhere. Weird bug.
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2
Moto X (Current)

apexcell
Old
Thanks Meter 75
Very annoying. I have the same issue.

something_new
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Just got my lg g2 2/15 great phone and i too am having the same issue is there a fix yet? i to am in and out of sprint service and have to keep turning it back on (put a check back in the roam box)

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

something_new
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I Guess just a few of us have the data issue so short of returning the phone i called sprint to see if they had any ideas. had them create a trouble ticket to address the issue so will give it a few more days see what happens. Other than this major bug phone is great.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

1branchonthevine
Old
Thanks Meter 28
It seemed to only happen after the recent OTA update. I got so frustrated I reset the phone to factory, but still no fix. Anyone have an update on this bug?

apexcell
Old
Thanks Meter 75
On 4.4.2, same issue, no update here.