Question Verizon Visual Voicemail on Custom ROMs

OP flash_in_sd

19th August 2013, 07:18 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Has anyone had any luck getting Verizon Visual Voicemail working on a custom ROM? I just rooted my D4 and love the latest stable version of Avatar ROM. The battery life improvements alone were more then enough reason to root and ROM. I tried downloading the Verizon Visual Voicemail app from the Play Store. The app installs but fails to connect to the VVM service to verify connectivity. I've searched other xda forums and found multiple answers from updating the build.prop file as shown below to sideloading VVM applications from other hardware. I couldn't find any instructions specific to the D4. Are these apks and build.prop instructions unique to each phone or should they work on the D4 as well? Thanks for the time.

Quote:

# Set Horizontal VVM = true and ro.HorizontalBUA = true for Incredible#C Verizon build
# Then Verizon VVM/BuA program can check this property to known if there is a Native VVM/BuA in ROM
ro.HorizontalVVM = true
ro.HorizontalBUA = true

To:
# Set Horizontal VVM = true and ro.HorizontalBUA = true for Incredible#C Verizon build
# Then Verizon VVM/BuA program can check this property to known if there is a Native VVM/BuA in ROM
#ro.HorizontalVVM = false
#ro.HorizontalBUA = false

after making these changes reboot your phone and download "visual voice mail" from the market

20th August 2013, 09:19 PM   |  #2  
Flag Montgomery, TX (birthplace of the Tx Flag!)
Thanks Meter: 225

692 posts
More
Go into Titanium Backup and see if Verizon Login is installed... if not you should be able to install it from the market.
Reboot and then you should be able to connect (It does the exact same thing to me with cm10.2 with VZW Messages)

I use YouMail services and -always- delete the voicemail app from big red... useless and problematic.

Sent from my Maserati using XDA Premium
The Following User Says Thank You to je2854 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st August 2013, 08:06 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

5 posts
Still no dice...
Quote:
Originally Posted by je2854

Go into Titanium Backup and see if Verizon Login is installed... if not you should be able to install it from the market.
Reboot and then you should be able to connect (It does the exact same thing to me with cm10.2 with VZW Messages)

I use YouMail services and -always- delete the voicemail app from big red... useless and problematic.

Sent from my Maserati using XDA Premium

Thanks for the response. Verizon Login is installed. I uninstalled both and reinstalled as well. Still get a messsage that VVM is "unable to establish connection to the mailbox." and to try again later.

Tried the build.prop changes listed above as well to no effect.

Tried to backup the stock D4 Motorola Voicemail app from the stock ROM but was unable to install that either.

Looks like its back to the drawing board for some new methods to try. I'll update if I find anything that works. Thanks for the recommendations on Youmail. May try that after I export my current VVMs using the stock ROM.
29th January 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #4  

9 posts
More
Still no dice, AGAIN.
I agree with everything above. Still no fix.
I'm running JB build 6.
HELP!!!
4th June 2014, 03:39 PM   |  #5  
Bristol County, Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 248

606 posts
More
Check out my thread on getting verizon visual voicemail to work...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2768874

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to calebcabob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread