Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,852 Members 40,432 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] downgraded to mk2 to pre-rooted nc5, now no root HDrls16

Tip us?

methodsofbeyond
Old
(Last edited by methodsofbeyond; 30th May 2014 at 08:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] downgraded to mk2 to pre-rooted nc5, now no root HDrls16

Hi,

I had nc5, but wanted the hyperdrive rls16 4.4.2..and i got it..but then i lost my root access. i downgraded my NC5 OTA to mk2 then rooted and flashed the pre-rooted nc5. after that I flashed hyperdrives rls16, but lost my root access?? how should i go about this? should i downgrade AGAIN, root the mk2, then flash the hyperdrive rom without the pre-rooted nc5 upgrade??

i pretty much used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2763834 before i flashed the hyperdrive rls16..did i do something wrong?

thanks,
yungcat

riker147
Old
Thanks Meter 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by methodsofbeyond View Post
Hi,

I had nc5, but wanted the hyperdrive rls16 4.4.2..and i got it..but then i lost my root access. i downgraded my NC5 OTA to mk2 then rooted and flashed the pre-rooted nc5. after that I flashed hyperdrives rls16, but lost my root access?? how should i go about this? should i downgrade AGAIN, root the mk2, then flash the hyperdrive rom without the pre-rooted nc5 upgrade??

i pretty much used this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2763834 before i flashed the hyperdrive rls16..did i do something wrong?

thanks,
yungcat
You have to flash Superuser right after you flash Huperdrive. Before you reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________
Reading Is Fundamental

methodsofbeyond
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by riker147 View Post
You have to flash Superuser right after you flash Huperdrive. Before you reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
So do I have to re downgrade then upgrade again or can I just flash superuser?

gigilie
Old
Thanks Meter 522

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up yes

to answer your question yes. you need to downgrade again. check out my up and downgrade method thread (all 1 file up or downgrades simply the best and easiest/safest way to upgrade or downgrade and for both new and old bootloaders) and tips for ROMs the next time you flash Hyperdrive, gDux, Foxhound or any other 4.4.2 ROM you need to flash a SuperSu194.zip(find that in my thread as well) before your first restart. So always opt out of the question whether you want to restart during final stage of any aroma install.