Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,180 Members 47,122 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nexus 10 vs Nexus 7(or any other tablet/phone) comparison/discussion

Tip us?

Siberian Tiger
Old
Forum Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 5451

DONATE TO ME
Default Nexus 10 vs Nexus 7(or any other tablet/phone) comparison/discussion

As the title says make your discussions/comparisons in this thread.
Don't open new threads for this matter or they will be closed or deleted.
Thank you!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Siberian Tiger For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

styckx
Old
Thanks Meter 1457
We have a similar thread in the Nexus 4 forum and it's one of the more popular threads continually on the first page.. Currently up to 162 pages in length.. Glad to see it done here now as it really does clean up the forum in a good way..
Current OS: Dual boot / Windows 8 & Ubuntu 13.04
Current PC i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz / 8GB Mushkin Enhanced Redline @ 1600MHz / 2X - GTX 680 Twin Frozr SLI / P8Z68 DELUXE / 2TB/1TB/1TB
Current active devices: Nexus 4 / Nexus 10 / Chromecast
Former devices: Nexus 7 / Nexus S 4G / Galaxy Tab 10.1 / Samsung Epic 4G / Samsung Moment
Google+ Profile: DELETED

samwheat
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Nexus 10 - alot of problems / alot of units with problems . I didn t expected to be that heavy.

Nexus 7 - bulky, heavy and something its missing for me to like ... i don t know what ...

Ipad mini - very interesting all around . Ugly ios ...

Ipad 4 - very heavy but supreme build quality . Excelent customer care . You see a problem and they change the device instantly . Ugly ios gives me claustrofobia..

Sent from my HTC Desire using xda app-developers app

Tommy-Geenexus
Old
Thanks Meter 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdel12345 View Post
Ok i know your trying to clean up the threads but its goong to get kind of confusing if we all talk about it in one thread especially if you want to compare to just one particular device but atleast everything will be in one spot now.

Anyways is the nexus 7 a lot better then the note 7 because my mom got an 8gb note 7 for 140 dollars as a gift for our cousins we only see in the summer because they live overseas. Also does it have sd card support because she wont let me touch it and 8 gb seems like a low amt for a tablet

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)
[offtopic] to make it short nexus 7 is better than any galaxy tab [\offtopic]

Nexus 10 has good specs etc.. but is too big and heavy for me, so i decided to buy n7.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 7

Gausselimination
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I own both so here is my 2 cents...

The N10, for me, is better all around tablet. The screen is far better, it's thinner, faster and smoother than the N7, and the front facing speakers are great. The N10 also has a micro HDMI port for connecting to projector for work presentations. Battery life is great.

The N7 is of course more portable and can be palmed in one hand. the battery life is also good, but not as good as the N10.

Anyway, I basically gave my N7 to my 5 year old daughter.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gausselimination For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gmfeny
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwheat View Post
Nexus 10 - alot of problems / alot of units with problems . I didn t expected to be that heavy.

Nexus 7 - bulky, heavy and something its missing for me to like ... i don t know what ...

Ipad mini - very interesting all around . Ugly ios ...

Ipad 4 - very heavy but supreme build quality . Excelent customer care . You see a problem and they change the device instantly . Ugly ios gives me claustrofobia..

I have the nexus 7 and nexus 10 and I don't know what problems your speaking of with the nexus 10 but mine works fine. The nexus 7 is a little chunky but it feels good in the hands. Both are nice tablets. The screen on the nexus 10 looks really good. There's times it lags but I think it's bc of the higher resolution

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 2

samwheat
Old
(Last edited by samwheat; 7th May 2013 at 10:40 PM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Problems like : Subit restarts, 400 ram free , 5 hour charging , screen bleeding , 5 hour screen on battery , incompatibility with many 3g modems, hdmi aspect limitation , gets very hot etc.

You can look at the troubleshooting thread in nexus 10 if you are curious .

CWalkop
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by samwheat View Post
Problems like : Subit restarts, 400 ram free , 5 hour charging , screen bleeding , 5 hour screen on battery , incompatibility with many 3g modems, hdmi aspect limitation , gets very hot etc.

You can look at the troubleshooting thread in nexus 10 if you are curious .

I still would say that your issues are a physical PROBLEM with your Nexus 10 - I don't see how you could have such a bad experience with it compared to many others without there being hardware issues. The battery life, especially; even the restarts. I've heard of others having restarts, but you seem to be having more issues with it than other people.

As for charging times, 5 hours is normal. The iPad charges no faster, really - the fastest charging tablets are by ASUS, 1.5-2 hours to a full charge. THOSE are good chargers. This is lower amperage, as it is a standard USB cable. The Nexus 10 also has a massive battery.
Running stock 4.3 on a fantastic Google Galaxy Nexus.
Also running stock 4.3 on that good ol' Nexus 10! No build issues.
Eagerly awaiting Key Lime Pie (or whatever the dessert it'll be)!

Previously owned:
Galaxy S (CyanogenMod,4.1)
Transformer TF101 (4.0)
Transformer TF300T (CyanogenMod, 4.2)

Android forever!

samwheat
Old
(Last edited by samwheat; 8th May 2013 at 10:18 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
ipad charge faster and last longer .

too bad IOS ruins all

from what ive read 5 hours its with pogo cable , i get 6 with usb charger . I will not give 20$ on a plastic 50cm with 2,3 wires inside .

Sent from my Nexus 10 using xda app-developers app

daLareid
Old
Thanks Meter 11
This was a rather dull idea imo, to merge all comparison threads into one, say I wanted to know about a single tablet comparison now I have to go through the whole clutter just find some useful input, thanks a lot.

Tags
comparison, nexus