[Q] Specific RUU

Search This thread

Linte

May 27, 2014
Hello there! First: Thanks for every answer in return - I'm currently a little bit in a pitch...and appreciate any help.

My problem is: my HTC One is currently stuck in a bootloop, due do some (my own) failures, when I tried to use a ROM.
In my own idioty I didnt made any backups or anything else.
Long story short - I would like to try to install a RUU for my version, but there is absolutely noone.

I'm on version-main 1.29.111.16 with the CID T-MOB101 and HBoot 1.44. I tried to search everywhere possible for a download,
even tried to personal message a few people who maybe could have the needed RUU, but so far no answers / no luck.
Tried to get S-OFF and use another RUU, but whatever I do, I cannot see my device under "adb devices". Tried everything /latest driver, cables and so on) so far but it absolutely wont show under adb and so I cannot see any other way to get S- OFF. Thats why I rely on the RUU for my version. So im here to ask, if someone else could give me a hint on where to find this RUU...or any tips on getting my ONE S-off. But like I said, I guess I tried almost everything I have read about (countless hours on google and xda- forum).

I know, I may write complete and utter nonsense - toying with my precious phone was like the biggest failure in my last few months and I regret it. :l

Thanks in advance!
Greetings,
Linte

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford
Hello there! First: Thanks for every answer in return - I'm currently a little bit in a pitch...and appreciate any help.

My problem is: my HTC One is currently stuck in a bootloop, due do some (my own) failures, when I tried to use a ROM.
Long story short - I would like to try to install a RUU for my version, but there is absolutely noone.

I'm on version-main 1.29.111.16 with the CID T-MOB101 and HBoot 1.44. I tried to search everywhere possible for a download,
even tried to personal message a few people who maybe could have the needed RUU, but so far no answers / no luck.
Tried to get S-OFF and use another RUU, but whatever I do, I cannot see my device under "adb devices". Tried everything /latest driver, cables and so on) so far but it absolutely wont show under adb and so I cannot see any other way to get S- OFF. Thats why I rely on the RUU for my version. So im here to ask, if someone else could give me a hint on where to find this RUU...or any tips on getting my ONE S-off. But like I said, I guess I tried almost everything I have read about (countless hours on google and xda- forum).

I know, I may write complete and utter nonsense - toying with my precious phone was like the biggest failure in my last few months and I regret it. :l

Thanks in advance!
Greetings,
Linte
There is a Guru reset here

http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

Read the instructions on how to flash

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-111-3-zip/

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Linte

Linte

May 27, 2014
Thanks for the fast reply.

The problem is: I cannot get into recovery. I tried to flash the the recovery and the boot via fastboot from the corrospending
Guru, but I'll only get an "signature verify fail" error. I hoped for the fitting RUU- version for my 1.29.111.16, because it seems
to me that it may be the easiest solution for my problem.

Greetings,
Linte

Linte

May 27, 2014
Hi. Can you post your actual command and output?

Hey! Sorry for the delayed anwser (was on a short holiday trip),

I tired almost everything possible, as far as I know. So far I tried to flash allmost everything, from the .img (recovery/boot/) inside the Guru, wich bored_stupid sent me in his post, aswell as the whole .zip.

C:\adb>adb devices
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery rec.zip
error: cannot open 'rec.zip'

C:\adb>fastboot flash recovery rec.img
sending 'recovery' (9136 KB)...
OKAY [ 1.121s]
writing 'recovery'...
(bootloader) signature checking...
FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
finished. total time: 2.062s

C:\adb>fastboot flash rom Guru.zip
sending 'rom' (1056149 KB)...
OKAY [ 41.443s]
writing 'rom'...
finished. total time: 1174.768s

No matter what I try, I always get this "signature verify fail"- error. Thats why I was hoping for someone with the mentioned RUU, because they seem to work so far - except my HTC says something similiar: "RUU Error [132]: Signature error."

Greetings,
Linte

Btw, here's my getvar, in case it's needed:

C:\adb>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) version: 0.5
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.44.0000
(bootloader) version-baseband: 4D.14.3250.26
(bootloader) version-cpld: None
(bootloader) version-microp: None
(bootloader) version-main: 1.29.111.16
(bootloader) version-misc: PVT SHIP S-ON
(bootloader) meid: 00000000000000
(bootloader) product: m7_ul
(bootloader) platform: HBOOT-8064
(bootloader) modelid: PN0710000
(bootloader) cidnum: T-MOB101
(bootloader) battery-status: good
(bootloader) battery-voltage: 4252mV
(bootloader) partition-layout: Generic
(bootloader) security: on
(bootloader) build-mode: SHIP
(bootloader) boot-mode: FASTBOOT
getvar:all FAILED (status read failed (Too many links))
finished. total time: 0.043s

C:\adb>

Last edited:

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
First of all, your drivers are missing or outdated, download HTC sync manager from the HTC site and install, then remove HTC sync from your computer, just leaving the drivers.

Next question is do you have usb debugging enabled on the phone in developer options ?

If you can't see developer options then goto menu, settings, about, software information, more, then tap build number 7 times, it should say you are now a developer and you will have a new menu in settings called developer options where you can enable usb debugging.

When you type adb devices it should list your phone's serial number not just say list of devices attached.

It could also be that you need to update your adb and fastboot, I had to do it recently after getting this phone, after using the same fastboot and adb for years.

Last edited:

Linte

May 27, 2014
First of all, your drivers are missing or outdated, download HTC sync manager from the HTC site and install, then remove HTC sync from your computer, just leaving the drivers.

Next question is do you have usb debugging enabled on the phone in developer options ?

If you can't see developer options then goto menu, settings, about, software information, more, then tap build number 7 times, it should say you are now a developer and you will have a new menu in settings called developer options where you can enable usb debugging.

When you type adb devices it should list your phone's serial number not just say list of devices attached.

It could also be that you need to update your adb and fastboot, I had to do it recently after getting this phone, after using the same fastboot and adb for years.

Again sorry for the late reply, business struck again. :l

To your points: Already installed the latest HTC drivers from their homepage more than four times so far. Im pretty sure I have the latest version and after installing, I deinstalled the Sync Manager, like you told me to do. Still no changes.

I cannot see any developer options, simply because I can't get any further than the bootscreen. Im stuck within a bootloop.

Also I got the latest fastboot and adb from the (SDK- Manager) Android Developer Tools- Bundle. That's why I am so clueless about my phone not getting recognized by my PC with "adb devices". Strange thing is, I get the ID of my phone in "fastboot devices"...

Later this da I will try to connect my phone to my new, clean Laptop, with the lastest HTC Drivers and adb/fastboot. Maybe this will help.

Thanks so far!
Linte

Edit: tried it with a clean Laptop, latest ADB, latest HTC Sync (installed and deinstalled) and different USB- slots. No success. Adb sill only says
C:\adb>adb devices
List of devices attached

Absoluteley no clue where I go wrong here... :l

Last edited:

bored_stupid

Jul 10, 2011
Hereford

I tired almost everything possible, as far as I know. So far I tried to flash allmost everything, from the .img (recovery/boot/) inside the Guru, wich bored_stupid sent me in his post, aswell as the whole .zip.

No matter what I try, I always get this "signature verify fail"- error. Thats why I was hoping for someone with the mentioned RUU, because they seem to work so far - except my HTC says something similiar: "RUU Error [132]: Signature error."

Greetings,
Linte

I'm assuming your using Windows 8 or 8.1. They have an issue with hboot 1.44. Can you use a PC with Windows 7 or read here to make a Ubuntu USB live OS

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52135024&postcount=2

Linte

May 27, 2014
I'm assuming your using Windows 8 or 8.1. They have an issue with hboot 1.44. Can you use a PC with Windows 7 or read here to make a Ubuntu USB live OS

Hmm...nope. So far I have only used Windows 7. But like I said, no progress at all. Everythings updated, even on a freshly installed system. Different USB- Ports and so on. No success... :l

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Tried to get S-OFF and use another RUU
You need a working rom to s-off the phone.
simply because I can't get any further than the bootscreen. Im stuck within a bootloop.
Code:
C:\adb>[B][COLOR="Red"]adb devices[/COLOR][/B]
List of devices attached
ADB commands only works from a booted OS with usb debugging ON or from custom recovery. So ADB will never output your device is connected if you are not in the OS or in custom recovery. From bootloader, use FASTBOOT commands
i.e:
Code:
fastboot devices

Code:
OKAY [ 1.121s]
writing 'recovery'...
FAILED[B][COLOR="Red"] (remote: signature verify fail)[/COLOR][/B]
Looks like your bootloader is locked, you need an unlocked bootloader to flash the recovery partition

Code:
[COLOR="Red"][B]C:\adb>fastboot flash rom Guru.zip[/B][/COLOR]
OKAY [ 41.443s]
writing 'rom'...
This one is a custom rom (reset rom). You can't flash custom rom from fastboot. You can only flash custom rom from custom recovery.
from fastboot, all you can do is
  • flashing a custom recovery (with bootloader unlocked)
  • flashing a RUU.zip in ruu mode
  • flashing a firmware.zip in ruu mode
all roms (except RUUs) are flashed from custom recovery, including guru reset roms.

btw, there is no RUU for your phone.

1. unlock bootloader
  2. flash twrp recovery 2.6.3.3
    1. download and save this file to the same folder you have adb and fastboot in
    2. open a cmd prompt from you fastboot/adb folder and boot your phone in bootloader mode (fastboot usb)
      Code:
      fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
      fastboot erase cache
      fastboot reboot-bootloader
  3. adb push the guru reset rom to your /sdcard/ from twrp recovery
    1. download this guru reset rom: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-111-3-zip/ and save it to your adb/fastboot folder
    2. boot phone in twrp recovery
    3. open a cmd prompt form your adb/fastboot folder
      Code:
      adb push guru_reset_m7_2.24.111.3.zip /sdcard/
    4. wait for the file to transfer (5-10 min, there is no progress bar, just wait until adb says it complete)
  4. install the reset rom using twrp

Last edited:

Linte

May 27, 2014
Wow! Thanks a lot!

After unlocking my bootloader again I was able to get into recovery. From there it was easy going to install the Guru.zip via sideload ("Install zip" didnt work for some reason, said something similiar to "Couldn't mount /sdcard/". But sideload worked fine.). Updated everything and my phone runs now like it always had!

Again: really, really thanks a bunch! Thought I somehow ruined my phone, but thanks to you all I got it done. I really appreciate your effort in helping me! You guys are awesome.

Greetings,
Linte

PS: I won't do anything stupid with my phone again, learnd this the hard way.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks in advance!
    Greetings,
    Linte
    There is a Guru reset here

http://www.htc1guru.com/downloads/stock-rom-downloads/

Read the instructions on how to flash

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-111-3-zip/

Hi. Can you post your actual command and output?

Greetings,
    Linte

Tried to get S-OFF and use another RUU
    You need a working rom to s-off the phone.
    simply because I can't get any further than the bootscreen. Im stuck within a bootloop.
    Code:
    C:\adb>[B][COLOR="Red"]adb devices[/COLOR][/B]
    List of devices attached
    ADB commands only works from a booted OS with usb debugging ON or from custom recovery. So ADB will never output your device is connected if you are not in the OS or in custom recovery. From bootloader, use FASTBOOT commands
    i.e:
    Code:
    fastboot devices

Code:
    OKAY [ 1.121s]
    writing 'recovery'...
    FAILED[B][COLOR="Red"] (remote: signature verify fail)[/COLOR][/B]
    Looks like your bootloader is locked, you need an unlocked bootloader to flash the recovery partition

Code:
    [COLOR="Red"][B]C:\adb>fastboot flash rom Guru.zip[/B][/COLOR]
    OKAY [ 41.443s]
    writing 'rom'...
    This one is a custom rom (reset rom). You can't flash custom rom from fastboot. You can only flash custom rom from custom recovery.
    from fastboot, all you can do is
    • flashing a custom recovery (with bootloader unlocked)
    • flashing a RUU.zip in ruu mode
    • flashing a firmware.zip in ruu mode
    all roms (except RUUs) are flashed from custom recovery, including guru reset roms.

btw, there is no RUU for your phone.

1. unlock bootloader
    2. flash twrp recovery 2.6.3.3
      1. download and save this file to the same folder you have adb and fastboot in
      2. open a cmd prompt from you fastboot/adb folder and boot your phone in bootloader mode (fastboot usb)
        Code:
        fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.6.3.3-m7.img
        fastboot erase cache
        fastboot reboot-bootloader
    3. adb push the guru reset rom to your /sdcard/ from twrp recovery
      1. download this guru reset rom: http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_2-24-111-3-zip/ and save it to your adb/fastboot folder
      2. boot phone in twrp recovery
      3. open a cmd prompt form your adb/fastboot folder
        Code:
        adb push guru_reset_m7_2.24.111.3.zip /sdcard/
      4. wait for the file to transfer (5-10 min, there is no progress bar, just wait until adb says it complete)
    4. install the reset rom using twrp