Tap to wake

OP nirurin

28th April 2014, 04:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 30

263 posts
More
I had a search through, and have found this feature being adding onto other phones (via root and kernal changes mostly it seemed), but ouldnt find anything for the compact or the Z1.

Anyone had any luck with this? Seems a handy feature.

I tried the taptapapp on the play store, but its a poor substiture (uses proxy sensor) and is a bit too unreliable.

Knockknock seems to be a versoin that got rooted onto htc and some other phones via kernal I think.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this on the xperias

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app
28th April 2014, 05:04 PM   |  #2  
Flag Brasov
Thanks Meter: 239

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nirurin

I had a search through, and have found this feature being adding onto other phones (via root and kernal changes mostly it seemed), but ouldnt find anything for the compact or the Z1.

Anyone had any luck with this? Seems a handy feature.

I tried the taptapapp on the play store, but its a poor substiture (uses proxy sensor) and is a bit too unreliable.

Knockknock seems to be a versoin that got rooted onto htc and some other phones via kernal I think.

Just wondered if anyone had seen this on the xperias

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium HD app

For Xperia Z1 there are already custom kernels with this feature.But nothing yet four little z1 compact we'll have to wait until some dev will port this to our phone.
28th April 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

263 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresbv2000

For Xperia Z1 there are already custom kernels with this feature.But nothing yet four little z1 compact we'll have to wait until some dev will port this to our phone.

I do hope they do, I'm surprised noone has already!
2nd May 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
im waiting for this to be icluded in a custom rom or kernel for our little machine... its specially useful in running apps to wake the device without pushing poweron button.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
2nd May 2014, 03:16 PM   |  #5  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 270

4,354 posts
More
Hopefully sooner than later

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd May 2014, 03:22 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Developer
Flag UAE, Dubai
Thanks Meter: 2,436

1,290 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

can you provide me to these kernels' threads, cuz if they've shared their sources,
I might be able to find the code to enable tab2wake feature,
and once I find it, I can integrate it in Z1C kernel's sources and compile it for you
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OmarEinea For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd May 2014, 06:14 PM   |  #7  
Flag Brasov

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omarainea

can you provide me to these kernels' threads, cuz if they've shared their sources,
I might be able to find the code to enable tab2wake feature,
and once I find it, I can integrate it in Z1C kernel's sources and compile it for you

I'm sorry I am on my phone right now...it'difficult for me to search using the phone.But if you look on the Xperia Z1 forum you will see it.One is made by Androguide.fr and the other one is made by DoomLord and faux if i remember well.If you will give a try to compile one kernel for our phone would be great.Have a good evening.
3rd May 2014, 02:09 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bristol

263 posts
More
Quote:

I'm sorry I am on my phone right now...it'difficult for me to search using the phone.But if you look on the Xperia Z1 forum you will see it.One is made by Androguide.fr and the other one is made by DoomLord and faux if i remember well.If you will give a try to compile one kernel for our phone would be great.Have a good evening.

I think doomlord already does a kernal for the Z1c.... but it doesnt include Tap2Wake, as far as i can tell. I wonder why not.

I couldnt find the doomlord one offhand... Im sure I've seen people mention it though. However there is this one by androguide.fr :

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2690071

It mentions something about touch events waking the GPU... noone mentions tap to wake specifically, but I assume its involved or something?

edit 2: Doomlords Z1c kernal
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2620794

They seem to say they'll only work on unlocked bootloaders, and androguides says it only works on CM based roms... though im not sure why. Ive noticed a couple people on RomAur are using doomlords (but the doomlord one doesnt mention tap2wake lol.)

Anyone gets this working stabley, maybe even on RomAur3.0, I would be very happy. If someone gets a stable kernal idea that should work on stock kitkat (not CM) then I may test it out myself. Hopefully we can get something working
Last edited by nirurin; 3rd May 2014 at 02:19 AM.
3rd May 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #9  
Flag Brasov

623 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by faux123

Quote:

Hello mate...
I have one question. Please don`t get mad about this kind of questions! But I really love your kernels and when I bought my Xperia Z1 Compact and saw there is no support from you for this device I felt sorry for buing this device! So the question is ...will you support this model? I think that you already know that this device is exactly a smaller Xperia Z1. Thanks in advance dude. I really love your work. Have a nice day!

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. I took a break from Android. I don't plan to support this device unless I can get one really cheap or free. May be crowdfund if you want it bad enough.

This is my conversation with Faux.I think Faux makes the best kernels for android based devices.Maybe we can raise funds for buying a Xperia z1 compact to him.
3rd May 2014, 01:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 270

4,354 posts
More
yeah go debs. give me a reason for rooting and installing custom roms

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread