Compatible with v500 STOCK BASED LG 4.4.2 roms ONLY! The "gamma improvement only" is available for other ROM's in the installer
This was just a private build that seems to have gained some demand to help with the v500 gamma issue. I have been running it the past week and it seems stable enough to share to other v500 users. I'm not a developer, I build and update TWRP for the Nabi tablets, have shared a few windows bat files, have a VB.net app to automate various mods to the Nabi's, and a lot of research of nvflash/APX nand formatting for the Nabi's. My only previous kernel builds were for the HP Touchpad for private use, and my Ubuntu computer. Basically taking what real developers have done and trying to make it work for my own use.
EDIT 5/11/14: I put the gamma improvement fix in just a stock kernel with no other changes, and the changes to CM11 kernel. There are 2 CM kernel version depending on which LG ROM you installed CM over to deal with the dimming issue at boot. Those are available in the new all in one installer.
Experimental. Use this at your own risk.
Please Please Please make a full backup of your tablet.
The starting source is V50020B from LG
Compiled with arm-eabi-4.7
- Improved gamma. Using default linear LUT (from 1.8-2.0 to 2.2-2.3 on my screen)
- Default overclock from 1.72 to 1.78Ghz (no voltage increase)
- Default underclock to 162 Mhz
- Sysfs Voltage Table added for undervolting
- Allow GPU to manually increase freq from 400Mhz to 487Mhz
- Add GPU boost to GPU on demand governor
- Add Faux Display interface (gamma control seems broken)
- Add NTFS support(untested)
- Add SIO Scheduler
- Add FIOPS Scheduler
- Optimize memcopy, string and square root functions
- Add Intelliactive Governor
BETA: http://nabtabhacks.com/downloads/AICbeta2.zip Very stable but haven't got enough feedback to make it official. See changes here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=229
Installer for all gamma improvement kernels, tested by numerous members(AIC, stock, and CM) http://nabtabhacks.com/downloads.htm
Installer AIC Kernel: http://nabtabhacks.com/downloads.htm
Uninstaller, returns to stock 20B: http://nabtabhacks.com/downloads.htm
- Reboot to recovery(TWRP)
- Make a backup, just do it
- Install AIC_kernel_flashable.zip
- Wipe caches/dalvik if you see fit
Stock with gamma only: https://github.com/aicjofs/android_k...lge_v500_stock
I need to give some specific acknowledgement to "oubeichen" for sharing his kernel tree, and sharing of information. Also to id10terror's install script was the easiest to use as a template.