FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Review of the S-View Wireless charging cover and wireless charging pad

226 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

By skyline23, Senior Member on 28th April 2014, 02:53 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
First off, I had the regular s-view non wireless cover, and this is definitely thicker in the back. This makes me believe that the regular wireless charging back will be thicker than the stock one as well.

The front flap on the wireless cover stays shut, whereas the older non-wireless cover had a problem with the flap. Other than that, the same material and build quality.

As for the charging pad, it's very nice.. small and compact. Uses regular micro-USB. So far speeds are quick. About 1 percent per 1 minute. Not bad at all.

I bought them both at my local Verizon store. They had a promotion, and got $30 bucks off the total. So both items were $89.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skyline23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift skyline23 Ad-Free

28th April 2014, 03:48 AM |#2  
Flag Brisbane
Thanks Meter: 116

More
Looks good, but woud rather have a charge cover without the S-view...
28th April 2014, 03:57 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Saratoga
Thanks Meter: 74

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheetah2k

Looks good, but woud rather have a charge cover without the S-view...

I will get that too.. But I actually like the S-view cover. I returned the non-wireless one for this.
28th April 2014, 08:20 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello ,
thanks for this interesting review !
Can you post a photo to see the difference of thickness betwen the wireless and the non wireless s view cover ?
How long does it take to do a complete charge ?
28th April 2014, 01:21 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1,029

More
What material is used on the top part of the charger, is it hard plastic or soft leather type material.

Thanks

---------- Post added at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyline23

I will get that too.. But I actually like the S-view cover. I returned the non-wireless one for this.

S view looks good, but a battery cover without the s view flip cover will last longer.
28th April 2014, 02:31 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1,693

More
Why is the pad smaller than the phone itself? Doesn't the phone tip right off?

also, can you post comparison shots between wireless and non-wireless?

-Sent from Tapatalk
28th April 2014, 03:04 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 1,029

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyecon82

Why is the pad smaller than the phone itself? Doesn't the phone tip right off?

also, can you post comparison shots between wireless and non-wireless?

-Sent from Tapatalk

Many transmitter on the market are smaller than the phone itself, you just lay the phone in the middle.
28th April 2014, 03:11 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,693

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

Many transmitter on the market are smaller than the phone itself, you just lay the phone in the middle.

ehhh....i still think its dumb....I would like to lay my phone down on a pad without it tipping over or being knocked off accidentally

which is why I have..and will stick with this pad http://www.shopandroid.com/samsung-w...Fcg7MgodBjUAyw
28th April 2014, 03:27 PM |#9  
Flag CHI TOWN
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Thumbs up
So you got this at your local Verizon store? Did they have the regular charging backs as well? I'm surprised that you got the Mini Charger dock as they are STILL not available online yet.
28th April 2014, 03:51 PM |#10  
Flag Indianapolis
Thanks Meter: 181

Donate to Me
More
Angry BOOM! Ordered!
Just ordered... Online $69.00 for both through Verizon and Overnight Shipping Free! Thanks to my employer discount! Can't wait to get tomorrow although I hate that Verizon ships Overnight and requires signature??? Yes Verizon no one in the world works and we can be home to sign for a package at any point of the day....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	order.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	2713830  
28th April 2014, 04:14 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahst68

Just ordered... Online $69.00 for both through Verizon and Overnight Shipping Free! Thanks to my employer discount! Can't wait to get tomorrow although I hate that Verizon ships Overnight and requires signature??? Yes Verizon no one in the world works and we can be home to sign for a package at any point of the day....

Damn, I just checked Verizon and didn't see it. Got a link?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)