Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,779,301 Members 50,659 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Knox Warranty Void 0X1 Write Protection: Enabl

Tip us?
 
kynan94
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] Knox Warranty Void 0X1 Write Protection: Enabl

Hi every body, i'm new on the forum so i don't really know where to put my topic so excuse me if i'm at the wrong place.

Here is my problem, i had a galaxy s2 i9100G and i used to put cyanogen on it and come back on android then cyanogen so i know a bit about flashing, root, rom stock, custom etc
Now i bought a galaxy s4 I9505 and when i decided to put cyanogen on it i used cf root for titanium backup and all the stuff, so my phone was rooted, but i noticed that on the start on the up left corner was written in red "kernel is not seandroid enforcing" and in yellow "set warranty bit: kernel ". I thought it was nothing so i continued, i wanted to test the new cyanogen mod installer so every thing worked fine and i had cyanogen. (Im sorry it's long but i prefer to explain everything from the begining).
Then when i wanted to return to android stock rom but when i start the flash with odin, 10 secondes after i click start, odin stops and don't respond, then i need to close it so the flash dont work. I searched every thing i could on internet about the knox system and every body seems to say that i can re flash a rom without problem, but i can't, i found on a forum that if i use triangle away then i can flash a rom but triangle away don't work it turn off my phone then nothing.
Please does any boby have an idea ?

Thank you in advance!


I Have I9505 with CM11
 
RubbaBand
Old
#2  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 219
Posts: 403
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Benghazi

 
DONATE TO ME
try to change the pc or the USB Cable
Device : GT-I9500
ROM(s) : Stock 4.4.2
CyanogenMod11
Crash Rom
@The Same Device



IF You Do Like My Work Please Consider A Small Donation
The Following User Says Thank You to RubbaBand For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
4ltair
Old
#3  
4ltair's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 44
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Panade
Also, make sure you are using one of your USB 2.0 ports when flashing.

I have an USB 3.0 on my laptop and whenever i tried to flash with the phone connected to that port, Odin would froze.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4ltair For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
speedwayfan75
Old
#4  
speedwayfan75's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1609
Posts: 1,066
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Hanau

 
DONATE TO ME
You need the right firmware for your bootloader. If you flash an older firmware than your last stock firmware was, it fails because you can not downgrade the bootloader. And triangle away doesn't work anyway on knox bootloaders. Means: if you now have knox on your phone and it's 0x1, what i think it is, there's no chance to reset it to 0x0. But you can flash the latest available firmware for your country, or, if you want, a custom ROM.
Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505
EchoeROM V29.1
TWRP 2.7.1.0

Howto Odin flash modem and bootloader
The Following User Says Thank You to speedwayfan75 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
kynan94
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ltair View Post
Also, make sure you are using one of your USB 2.0 ports when flashing.

I have an USB 3.0 on my laptop and whenever i tried to flash with the phone connected to that port, Odin would froze.
I tried on my new laptop (by the way it's also a samsung) who have a USB 3.0 port with the original USB cable, i also tried on my computer with a USB 2.0 and an old USB cable and i think also the new one. but i will try again and focus on that on that point . thank you
 
kynan94
Old
#6  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedwayfan75 View Post
You need the right firmware for your bootloader. If you flash an older firmware than your last stock firmware was, it fails because you can not downgrade the bootloader. And triangle away doesn't work anyway on knox bootloaders. Means: if you now have knox on your phone and it's 0x1, what i think it is, there's no chance to reset it to 0x0. But you can flash the latest available firmware for your country, or, if you want, a custom ROM.
Thank you for your detailed answer. When i flashed cyanogen 11 i was on the last official firmware, and it's that firmware that i tried to flash via odin so i don't understand. Do i need to flash a different kernel or something like that? also for triangle away, it put a message on the start of the app that i need a official kernel (samsung) else it will bootloop or soft-brick. With cyanogen, wich kernel it is ? (i've seen on internet that CM11 works with triangle away.)

And what custom rom could advise me ? With the custom roms can have the air gesture and the stuff like that? Or do i need to be on an official firmware ?

Thank you again for your help.
 
Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 30th May 2014 at 10:53 AM.)
#7  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 548
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynan94 View Post
Thank you for your detailed answer. When i flashed cyanogen 11 i was on the last official firmware, and it's that firmware that i tried to flash via odin so i don't understand. Do i need to flash a different kernel or something like that? also for triangle away, it put a message on the start of the app that i need a official kernel (samsung) else it will bootloop or soft-brick. With cyanogen, wich kernel it is ? (i've seen on internet that CM11 works with triangle away.)

And what custom rom could advise me ? With the custom roms can have the air gesture and the stuff like that? Or do i need to be on an official firmware ?

Thank you again for your help.
CM 11 is under testing. Why u don't install the CM 10 stable version: HERE?. I dont understand the people asking for solutions that have problems in ROMs that are full of bugs. What did u expect in "nightly" custom roms?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
kynan94
Old
(Last edited by kynan94; 30th May 2014 at 11:26 AM.) Reason: Modify
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
My post wasn't about cm11 rom problems it was about flashing the stock rom, not because the cyanogen one is "full of bugs" wich is not really true. So do you have an idea for my real question?

Wich custom rom would you recommand me ? Is there anyone who have the air gesture and mouvement functions?
 
Joku1981
Old
(Last edited by Joku1981; 30th May 2014 at 11:42 AM.)
#9  
Joku1981's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 548
Posts: 1,805
Join Date: Jun 2012

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kynan94 View Post
My post wasn't about cm11 rom problems it was about flashing the stock rom, not because the cyanogen one is "full of bugs" wich is not really true. So do you have an idea for my real question?

Wich custom rom would you recommand me ? Is there anyone who have the air gesture and mouvement functions?
- About your first sentence in wikipedia: CyanogenMod tries to build a new, fresh "nightly" version every 24 hours for each of the devices it supports, which includes the most up-to-date changes to the source code, provided from all over the Internet. Of course, the nightly builds may also contain newly-introduced bugs, but hey- if you feel adventurous, you can help make CyanogenMod better by trying these experimental builds and reporting back bugs to the developers.

- Second sentence: Learn how use Triangle Away (more info: HERE) and flash again Stock ROM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CLICK "THANKS" BUTTON IF I HELPED YA
 
kynan94
Old
#10  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: May 2014
I know that nightly versions have some bugs but what i was trying to say is that they are not as much as you seems to say, and i like this rom and it worth one or two little bugs, any way you didn't answer my last question about custom roms, do you know some great one ?

For the video on triangle away i already searched for informations about it and it doesn't work, when i open triangle away uder current status there are the counter the binary and the device for him in the video but i have one the more : "System : modified" is it a problem ?
And also when i go si my status in the phone informations (in french) "Etat SELinux" is "Application" what does it mean ?
and is the kernel of cyanogen a stock (samsung) kernel like they say on the app ?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes