Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

4.4 KitKat TW International Rom Patch For Vzw S4 With MDK Bootloader Updated 7-16-14

Tip us?

jrkruse
Old
(Last edited by jrkruse; 17th July 2014 at 09:20 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1314
Default 4.4 KitKat TW International Rom Patch For Vzw S4 With MDK Bootloader Updated 7-16-14

Updated: 7-15-14 Fixed Patch To Work With NG2 Builds

Here is a patch that will get International TW 4.4 Kit Kat roms to work on Verizon with MDK bootloader. Every thing is working as far as data and wifi voice and mms go. There may be other bugs. If the rom has alot of theming try using the minimum option in aroma installer

1. Download my patch

AROMA_PATCHER_V25.zip Latest Version For NG2 Builds!

AROMA_PATCHER_V22.zip For Roms NE5 Through NF1

AROMA_PATCHER_V20.zip For all Versions Older than NE5 Build!

2. Full wipe required
3. Download and install International rom but do not reboot. International Roms Found Here

4. Install AROMA_PATCH.zip

FAQ (Read Here Before Asking A Question)

1. This patch should work on most international version of 4.42 TW roms.
2. You can use an aroma installer to install rom. Just flash my patch before reboot. There is no need to flash loki patch after my patch since my patch has loki patch built in it.
3. If you didnt flash patch before you reboot and get unauthorized software found on device warning simply reboot back to recovery and flash my zip or if you didnt flash my zip after you installed rom and rebooted you will be fine you will not brick your phone, just power down and flash or go through setup then reboot and apply patch.
4.MMS Now Works!
5. Yes you can go back to 4.3 roms
6. Roms dont flash bootloaders they have to be flashed with odin.
7. If rom fails to flash in recovery especially philz touch recovery, uncheck the box about allowing old updater script verification.
8. I am not the creator of these roms so I have no control over what features they have or have not. Remember these are International roms for gsm phones so somethings may not work right.
9. Apps are located in two places now the system/app folder and the system/priv-app folder.
10 there is some lag in the contacts apk for now you will have to live with it. I will see if I can do something about that as time permits.

I hope this answers some questions. I dont mind PM's but try to keep your questions in the forum so everyone can input and help find solutions. There are lots of smart people out there with different approaches to problems.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-08-07-52-24[1].png
Views:	3282
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	2619616Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-03-08-07-52-53[1].jpg
Views:	3155
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	2619617
The Following 35 Users Say Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Redflea
Old
(Last edited by Redflea; 8th March 2014 at 07:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 175
So cool! Great work, jkr!

I can't live without the email sec hack. How can I get that on this?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jrkruse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflea View Post
So cool! Great work, jkr!

I can't live without the email sec hack. How can I get that on this?

I think most of the International roms have the email hack already? If not I get one worked out. Im in the process of building a rom with the patch included I just put this up to test out and find the bugs!
The Following User Says Thank You to jrkruse For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shaftamle
Old
Thanks Meter 2867

DONATE TO ME
@jrkruse thank you so much!! Your awesome work continues to make this phone worth having!!

Sent from a Shaftamle Galaxy S4
"Thanks Button" is always appreciated!
http://mycolorscreen.com/Shaftamle/
Current Line Up
Samsung Galaxy S4- Verizon
ROM: SlimKat 4.4.2

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0- Wi-Fi
ROM: Pac- Man ROM

Check Out My Themed Google Keyboards!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shaftamle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eNkrypt
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Does the random reboot bug occur in KitKat? I'm tired of my S4 rebooting 30 times daily.
   Samsung Galaxy S4
【KitKat 4.4.2】AOSP Official Google Edition
   Build Number: KOT49H.05.30.2014
   Kernel: ktoonsez 3.4.0-g22842f5
   Baseband: I545VRUAMDK - Loki'd

jrkruse
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reneg4d3 View Post
Does the random reboot bug occur in KitKat? I'm tired of my S4 rebooting 30 times daily.
Try it and report back

heath2805
Old
(Last edited by heath2805; 8th March 2014 at 01:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 379
Everything seems to be working so far jrkruse. Only thing I noticed is wifi not sticking to my network. Not a big deal since I have unlimited. Thank you for bringing this to us!!

Edit: Seems to be sticking now. Maybe it was fios scewing up.

Zmnypit
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Downloading your patch now. Your a lifesaver if this works. Ive been fighting with this rom for two days. I will report back

jsminnis
Old
Thanks Meter 156
Is it worth trying this patch on an at&t 4.4.2 rom? I'm downloading a rom now, just making sure it's worth a shot to try this patch with.
If you need some One on One help, I will do what I can, feel free to pm me. A donate link has been added by request. Donate Here

Redflea
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrkruse View Post
I think most of the International roms have the email hack already? If not I get one worked out. Im in the process of building a rom with the patch included I just put this up to test out and find the bugs!
I should have checked first on the ROM thread. Thanks!