Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 41,622 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Mirror screen question..

Tip us?

whittssg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Mirror screen question..

Hello, Can anyone recommend a wireless hub/set-top box that allows the note pro 12.2 to wirelessly mirror is screen?

My father in law wants to watch movies that are on his tablet on his TV but the TV is quite cheap so I don't think it has an mcl hdmi port (unless anyone knows of a cable that works in a standard hdmi port.)

I was looking at the Samsung allshare cast hub but the reviews state that the audio is awful so it won't be a good fit for watching movies.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using XDA Free mobile app

Jerryo100
Old
(Last edited by Jerryo100; 20th June 2014 at 08:23 AM.) Reason: typo
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittssg View Post
Hello, Can anyone recommend a wireless hub/set-top box that allows the note pro 12.2 to wirelessly mirror is screen?

My father in law wants to watch movies that are on his tablet on his TV but the TV is quite cheap so I don't think it has an mcl hdmi port (unless anyone knows of a cable that works in a standard hdmi port.)

I was looking at the Samsung allshare cast hub but the reviews state that the audio is awful so it won't be a good fit for watching movies.

Any recommendations?

Thanks.

If all he wants to do is mirror his screen, a $40 Samsung MHL adapter (the larger white one) will do the job. You will see a lot of knockoffs for much less. Some work just fine, some don't work at all. The ones that do work don't always charge the battery. The one I have works great, has the Samsung logo on it, but doesn't charge the battery. The box didn't have the hologram on it and for what I paid it's not worth my time and shipping cost to return it. I have an all in one dongle on the way that costs $14.50 and should arrive by next Wednesday. Another member here suggested it and thinks it should work with all the Note and Tab Pros.

whittssg
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
OK thanks for the info.. Do mhl adapters work on any TV with hdmi? The TV in question has hdmi but is one of those no name brands (LEGEND) .. Thanks again

Jerryo100
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by whittssg View Post
OK thanks for the info.. Do mhl adapters work on any TV with hdmi? The TV in question has hdmi but is one of those no name brands (LEGEND) .. Thanks again

I can't confirm it'll work on a Legend, but it should. My crappy clone works on a Vizio, Samsung, and an Emerson.

storino03
Old
Thanks Meter 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn8DxodgHxI

That's the one I use
-------------
Samsung Galaxy S3 (Sprint), Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 (Wifi)

jrusso300
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I use the all share dongle all the time and I have never had a problem. I've watched full movies and TV from a sling box with it hooked up to a projector. Maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but so far has worked with galaxy note3, tab pro 8.4 and my 12.2.

Sent from my SM-T900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app