Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] SlimKat: backup interface and navigation settings?

OP Jodes81

30th May 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
10 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
I have found myself resetting to factory default, and having to reconfigure the settings all the time, for example, in System Settings > Navigation > Navigation bar. Is there a way of backing these up, and restoring?
30th May 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #2  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,838
 
15,341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
No. Due to restoring this type of settings could cause issues when the ROM is updated.
30th May 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 590
 
3,105 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

No. Due to restoring this type of settings could cause issues when the ROM is updated.

This is true, to some extent. However, both AOKP and Xenon HD have apps specifically built for backing up these kinds of settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.aokp.backup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.xehd.backup


It might be more of a hassle than it's worth, depending on the rom source, phone, time, and all that, but you also can't so "No" so definitively, because it is possible. But Slim does not have this option.
Last edited by es0tericcha0s; 30th May 2014 at 10:57 PM.
31st May 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #4  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,838
 
15,341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

This is true, to some extent. However, both AOKP and Xenon HD have apps specifically built for backing up these kinds of settings.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.aokp.backup

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.xehd.backup


It might be more of a hassle than it's worth, depending on the rom source, phone, time, and all that, but you also can't so "No" so definitively, because it is possible. But Slim does not have this option.

Oh I know and use those apps and even with them there are still issues if settings are restored and changes were made to the code. It worked 30% of the time at best.
31st May 2014, 05:25 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 590
 
3,105 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelendel

Oh I know and use those apps and even with them there are still issues if settings are restored and changes were made to the code. It worked 30% of the time at best.

Well, it seems like that's not as common as you think, according to the reviews of both apps.
31st May 2014, 08:07 AM   |  #6  
zelendel's Avatar
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Flag Watching from the Shadows
Thanks Meter: 11,838
 
15,341 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by es0tericcha0s

Well, it seems like that's not as common as you think, according to the reviews of both apps.

Might want to check the threads about it instead of trusting the app store reviews
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes