Post Reply

xposed on tmobile kit kat

20th May 2014, 02:07 PM   |  #1  
wase4711's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,579
 
8,757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Has anyone installed xposed with any of the popular(G2, gravity box, exthemer) since they upgraded to kitkat?

All this worked fine on 4.2, but not sure how it works on T-Mobile 4.4

I know it should work fine, just wondering if anyone has done these tweaks yet?

thanks!
20th May 2014, 02:53 PM   |  #2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
36 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2014
Gravity box works mostly, g2 xposed works except for the nav bar features, g2 tweakbox works for a bit then bricks your phone completely. Im using a tmobile lg g flex with kitkat.
The Following User Says Thank You to test2132 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th May 2014, 05:44 PM   |  #3  
brittoking's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 348
 
687 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

Has anyone installed xposed with any of the popular(G2, gravity box, exthemer) since they upgraded to kitkat?

All this worked fine on 4.2, but not sure how it works on T-Mobile 4.4

I know it should work fine, just wondering if anyone has done these tweaks yet?

thanks!

I can confirm that xposed works on kit Kat AT&T d950. I use gravity box kit Kat version and, themer beta, and gravity has an option to color and shrink the nav bar

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brittoking For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st May 2014, 08:24 PM   |  #4  
bigjj44's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Also can confirm that Xpose works in Tmobile KiK Kat for the Flex. XuiMod works perfect.

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to bigjj44 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 02:23 AM   |  #5  
bigjj44's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
Has anyone found the ability to switch to ART from Dalvik in Developer options for tmobile g flex running rooted kik kat?

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app
26th May 2014, 03:31 AM   |  #6  
wase4711's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,579
 
8,757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjj44

Has anyone found the ability to switch to ART from Dalvik in Developer options for tmobile g flex running rooted kik kat?

Sent from my LG-D959 using XDA Free mobile app

some folks say they have; I havent been able to myself..
26th May 2014, 07:44 AM   |  #7  
PattyNYC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 68
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

some folks say they have; I havent been able to myself..

You can try editing the build.prop. Not too sure if this will work for ART. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2659493
Last edited by PattyNYC; 26th May 2014 at 09:23 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to PattyNYC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th May 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #8  
wase4711's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,579
 
8,757 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Donate to Me
More
thanks, but without custom recovery, I'd rather not risk messing with the build.prop at this point.
26th May 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #9  
PattyNYC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Brooklyn
Thanks Meter: 68
 
167 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

thanks, but without custom recovery, I'd rather not risk messing with the build.prop at this point.

I hear you. TWRP has already got me out of bootloops hence the reason I won't leave 4.2.2. Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know if 4.4.2 kernels are still being worked on? or abandoned?
26th May 2014, 08:14 PM   |  #10  
brittoking's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 348
 
687 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyNYC

I hear you. TWRP has already got me out of bootloops hence the reason I won't leave 4.2.2. Sorry to go off topic, but does anyone know if 4.4.2 kernels are still being worked on? or abandoned?

Someone asked that in the recovery apk thread and playfulgod made a joke that he'd "given up" on the device, but I think he was more referring to someone asking about an eta for what's obviously a very difficult task
I am slightly surprised there isn't a custom 4.2 Rom yet though. I know kit Kat is preferable and why build for an outdated os etc but I honestly thought we'd see one or two pop up by now.

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes