Thread Closed

Sign Lenovo A5500-HV (and variants)

OP Mad saint uden

31st May 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
Hello,

I am a VERY long time lurker....I had the XDA (one, both the early release low spec one & the propper one) the xda2, lobster700tv & a few others along the way which you have helped me with without even knowing. Currently I have a samsung glaxy tab (one) gtp1000 - running Kanged gummy/paranoid android...

I am hoping as my searches have been fruitless (maybe I'm a bad searcher using the wrong terms?) some one here could point me in the correct place for my next question(s)* pretty please?

I have on order a Lenovo A8-50 tablet ... it comes in three variants A5500-HV (I want but probably not what is going to turn up) A5500-H (think mine is this) and Lenovo A5500-F. The F is wifi only, the HV is wifi & 3d for data/voice calls. The H is wifi + 3g for data. it also connects to some 2g networks.

I would like to make voice calls on it...& need to know if I can just install a dialer app as it has 2g, or upgrade the rom unofficially...in which case can I use the same rom as the lenovo a850 phone (note the lack of - ) or is there a generic data tablet crack that someone can show me please?

I am able to follow instructions and have some skills.

Thank you all kindly for your help or honest 'bog off's

MSU (mad saint uden is an anagram)

*bloomin' n00b signs up just to get help - typical woman.
Last edited by malybru; 31st May 2014 at 08:22 PM.
31st May 2014, 06:43 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag 1871 miles E-NE of Judge Joseph Dredd
Thanks Meter: 2,376

1,693 posts
More
Hi, There is no information specific to your device at the moment on XDA.
I have found a very good resource with a net search... I can't link you to it - it is the official Lenovo site where it appears you will find an answer to your question.
forums.lenovo.com

All the best !!
31st May 2014, 07:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

12 posts
thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Express

Hi, There is no information specific to your device at the moment on XDA.
I have found a very good resource with a net search... I can't link you to it - it is the official Lenovo site where it appears you will find an answer to your question.
forums.lenovo.com

All the best !!

Thanks - I'm glad I've not missed something. I was sure I'd lookeed there but maybe not hard enough...I seam to have found that the firmware is the only difference & that is other countries 3G voice is turned on...I guess uploading the official rom in russian in my answer...google translate better be right that 'it is not fatal, machine will not start - you must re-sew'

awaiting post for toy & then diving in - wish me luck!

thanks again for taking the time to reply.

msu
The Following User Says Thank You to Mad saint uden For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st May 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #4  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag 1871 miles E-NE of Judge Joseph Dredd
Thanks Meter: 2,376

1,693 posts
More
Indeed, I wish you all the best- something tells me you will do just fine!!
I hope you enjoy all your experiences on XDA as well.
Regards.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread