Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,560 Members 53,071 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Launch App Using it's GUID

Tip us?

noplace33
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Launch App Using it's GUID

Hi All, I'm working in a development project and I need to launch a specific app using only It's GUID ... It doesn't have a launch URI.
I heard there's a way to do that using ShellChromeAPI.dll, I really don't care if it passes the store or not, the app is made for personal use not for public, So it's Ok if there are Undocumented APIs .

If any one could help, I'd be really grateful.

compu829
Old
Thanks Meter 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace33 View Post
Hi All, I'm working in a development project and I need to launch a specific app using only It's GUID ... It doesn't have a launch URI.
I heard there's a way to do that using ShellChromeAPI.dll, I really don't care if it passes the store or not, the app is made for personal use not for public, So it's Ok if there are Undocumented APIs .

If any one could help, I'd be really grateful.
here be what you are looking for... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2398275

It is not currently working on WP 8.1. I haven't had time to fool around with it and see if I can get it working.(I have a post at the end of the thread about a theory, but I can't recompile it as a Windows Phone 8.1-native app because I don't have a Windows 8.1 development PC, just Windows 7...and VS 2103 actually checks the OS it is running on to determine if you can develop WP 8.1 apps or not)

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,699
In theory it's possible using capability-unlock, but I haven't gotten that working yet.
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.