Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Starting over

OP Cornbeef3000

31st May 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

16 posts
I've messes up my nook in ways i no longer under stand and i wanted to phone if there is an file i can flash to start over to square one, stock rom. i have the cyanboot on it, cmw is no longer there(i messed that up trying to installing semi stock rom) and nothing will flash, i cant tell if im charging it i just plug it in and it stays on the cyanboot screen can someone help? i just wanna start over
31st May 2014, 04:44 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 3,694

8,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbeef3000

I've messes up my nook in ways i no longer under stand and i wanted to phone if there is an file i can flash to start over to square one, stock rom. i have the cyanboot on it, cmw is no longer there(i messed that up trying to installing semi stock rom) and nothing will flash, i cant tell if im charging it i just plug it in and it stays on the cyanboot screen can someone help? i just wanna start over

Go to my NC tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10 and then follow A15 to return to stock.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using XDA Premium HD app
31st May 2014, 09:26 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar

Go to my NC tips thread linked in my signature and make a bootable CWM SD per item A10 and then follow A15 to return to stock.

I tried that and when i booted up the nook when it was installing rom restore image and it fails
31st May 2014, 10:34 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

8,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornbeef3000

I tried that and when i booted up the nook when it was installing rom restore image and it fails

Explain what you mean when you say it fails. And what do you mean rom restore image? You need to be more explicit.

26th June 2014, 12:43 AM   |  #5  

15 posts
Quote:

Explain what you mean when you say it fails. And what do you mean rom restore image? You need to be more explicit.

Lets say i boot into cwm/twrp using SD or emmc i cant do a creen install (u know formatting data, cache, ect) and then did its time to install the rom, it installs like normal, no problem whatsoever, then installing g apps, same as before not a single problem or error message, then i reboot, see the cyanboot then its says "loading Emmc" or something close to that then the screen goes black, and stays black. weather 5,10,30 mins, an hour goes by nothing else will show on the screen. i though maybe i didn't format my cache (sometimes that's the problem on other devices in the past from booting) so i boot back into cmw/twrp and format it again, reboot, then after the cyanboot screen complete black screen, but i can run roms off SD fine but i dont like too
26th June 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

8,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowCobra

Lets say i boot into cwm/twrp using SD or emmc i cant do a creen install (u know formatting data, cache, ect) and then did its time to install the rom, it installs like normal, no problem whatsoever, then installing g apps, same as before not a single problem or error message, then i reboot, see the cyanboot then its says "loading Emmc" or something close to that then the screen goes black, and stays black. weather 5,10,30 mins, an hour goes by nothing else will show on the screen. i though maybe i didn't format my cache (sometimes that's the problem on other devices in the past from booting) so i boot back into cmw/twrp and format it again, reboot, then after the cyanboot screen complete black screen, but i can run roms off SD fine but i dont like too

The original question on this thread was how to get stock back. You seem to be trying to put CM on emmc. You might do better putting stock back then try to put CM on it.

Sent from my BN NookHD+ using XDA Premium HD app
26th June 2014, 09:00 AM   |  #7  

15 posts
Quote:

The original question on this thread was how to get stock back. You seem to be trying to put CM on emmc. You might do better putting stock back then try to put CM on it.

Thats what im trying to do, but when i try installing the stock roms, on the "instaling update" screen it says it failed, that that was because i did not have the original files on my nook, so i gave up on that
29th June 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Troubles going back to stock
Quote:

Hi leapinlar,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just dusted off my Nook Colour and want to take it back to stock. I followed your tips and used CWM-6.0.1.2-bootable_SD to restore back to nookcolor_1_4_3_signed.

I followed another threads instructions (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931720) where it told me to first format data and format system. I then chose the nookcolor_1_4_3_signed to install and rebooted.

I've rebooted a couple of times now and it is stuck on the screen with the n and "Contains reader mobile tech by adobe.."

I then went back into CWM and chose the restore function but i'm getting the same result.
29th June 2014, 07:50 AM   |  #9  
Recognized Contributor

8,414 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nice-socks

Hi leapinlar,

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I just dusted off my Nook Colour and want to take it back to stock. I followed your tips and used CWM-6.0.1.2-bootable_SD to restore back to nookcolor_1_4_3_signed.

I followed another threads instructions (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=931720) where it told me to first format data and format system. I then chose the nookcolor_1_4_3_signed to install and rebooted.

I've rebooted a couple of times now and it is stuck on the screen with the n and "Contains reader mobile tech by adobe.."

I then went back into CWM and chose the restore function but i'm getting the same result.

If you had CM on your NC before trying to go back to stock, you must first use my format zips from my NC Tips thread linked in my signature. Using CWM to format is not enough. Read item A15.

29th June 2014, 07:56 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Quote:

If you had CM on your NC before trying to go back to stock, you must first use my format zips from my NC Tips thread linked in my signature. Using CWM to format is not enough. Read item A15.

Hi leapinlar,

I believe I already stated that I did use your files?

Edit: Sorry, now I see I missed the note about formatting with 5-6-7. I'm not sure what that really means, or how to do it, but i've downloaded it and I'll put it on the SD card and see what I can play around with in CWM.
Edit 2: Got it working! Thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to re-format the SD card so I can use it regularly again.
Last edited by nice-socks; 29th June 2014 at 05:47 PM. Reason: New info

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread