Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,547 Members 43,645 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] New Battery, Factory Reset - still battery drain

Tip us?
 
the95d
Old
(Last edited by the95d; 26th May 2014 at 03:57 PM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Default [Q] New Battery, Factory Reset - still battery drain

I have got a strange problem.
My Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace has a battery drain of 50% per night without usage, WLAN off.

The device is rooted, and I've had an battery issue when using Link2sd with a ext2 partition (bcm.sdhc.3 kept the phone awake all time). I fixed it using ext3. This was six month ago, no problems after that.

Since last week, I got this huge battery drain. BetterBatteryStats tells me the phone is sleeping most of the time, no suspicious processes.

I tried with a battery from a friend, no result.
I factory-reset my phone, no result.
I used a ClockworkMod recovery from the time before link2sd, no result.

The battery is still draining like hell.
What else could I do instead of throwing the phone away? Please help!
 
mahithm
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 905
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by the95d View Post
I have got a strange problem.
My Samsung S5830i Galaxy Ace has a battery drain of 50% per night without usage, WLAN off.

The device is rooted, and I've had an battery issue when using Link2sd with a ext2 partition (bcm.sdhc.3 kept the phone awake all time). I fixed it using ext3. This was six month ago, no problems after that.

Since last week, I got this huge battery drain. BetterBatteryStats tells me the phone is sleeping most of the time, no suspicious processes.

I tried with a battery from a friend, no result.
I factory-reset my phone, no result.
I used a ClockworkMod recovery from the time before link2sd, no result.

The battery is still draining like hell.
What else could I do instead of throwing the phone away? Please help!
It most probably will be your battery problem. How old is your battery? I know you said you tried your friend's battery, but try again with another battery for Ace. Also try using another rom. Do post the results. Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
 
the95d
Old
(Last edited by the95d; 26th May 2014 at 07:32 PM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
It most probably will be your battery problem. How old is your battery? I know you said you tried your friend's battery, but try again with another battery for Ace. Also try using another rom. Do post the results. Hope I Helped
His Battery is not very old. And I think it would be strange it is really a battery problem, because it happens very sudden and the behaviour of the two batteries is the same.

The phone is 1,5 year old. I think about unrooting and try to make use of the guarantee or to get another rom and flash.
But if it would be a software problem, at least the recovery should overwritten the faulty settings, or not?
 
mahithm
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 905
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by the95d View Post
His Battery is not very old. And I think it would be strange it is really a battery problem, because it happens very sudden and the behaviour of the two batteries is the same.

The phone is 1,5 year old. I think about unrooting and try to make use of the guarantee or to get another rom and flash.
But if it would be a software problem, at least the recovery should overwritten the faulty settings, or not?
Once your battery gets as low as 15 to 20%, go to CWM> Advanced> Wipe Battery Stats and then charge for 3 hours without a break. See if there is any change. Follow this beautiful guide by @Venomous Viper 119 on improving the battery backup and performance of ace. Here is the link,

Improve battery life & performance of Ace

Hope I Helped
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU
 
the95d
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahithm View Post
Once your battery gets as low as 15 to 20%, go to CWM> Advanced> Wipe Battery Stats and then charge for 3 hours without a break. See if there is any change. Follow this beautiful guide by @Venomous Viper 119 on improving the battery backup and performance of ace. Here is the link,

Improve battery life & performance of Ace

Hope I Helped
Well, thanks for the link. My newest information is: the battery is draining even when the phone is off. I think, either the NSA installed their new feature, or it is relly a hardware defect
 
androdev26
Old
#6  
androdev26's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 8
Join Date: May 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by the95d View Post
Well, thanks for the link. My newest information is: the battery is draining even when the phone is off. I think, either the NSA installed their new feature, or it is relly a hardware defect
okay whatever he said was right. my suggestion is get a new battery ,change the rom and stop charging it too much.now if you want detailed solution ineed you to give me all the info about your phone.and also i want to know if your battery has swelled or has damages. i can help you because i have an old galaxy ace which has faced 99 percent problems in this world.




PRESS THE THANKS METER IF I HELPED YOU
 
mahithm
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 323
Posts: 905
Join Date: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by the95d View Post
either the NSA installed their new feature
Probably Yes
HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes