Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Can I install cm 11 or a stock kitkat rom that does not have touchwiz on my NB1?

OP Gabe3

1st June 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

140 posts
I have a att s4 sgh-1337 with android 4.4.2. baseband version 1337UCUFNB1. I'm trying to put on CM 11. or another rom that looks like stock android with no touchwiz and 100% working and stable. if I downgrade to android 4.3. can I then root, install CWM recovery, and install CM 11?

what would happen if I booted into android system recovery and installed the cm 11 rom for my phone?
Last edited by Gabe3; 1st June 2014 at 03:57 AM.
1st June 2014, 04:43 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 12

70 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe3

I have a att s4 sgh-1337 with android 4.4.2. baseband version 1337UCUFNB1. I'm trying to put on CM 11. or another rom that looks like stock android with no touchwiz and 100% working and stable. if I downgrade to android 4.3. can I then root, install CWM recovery, and install CM 11?

what would happen if I booted into android system recovery and installed the cm 11 rom for my phone?

Short answer: No. You'll void your warranty and bootloop.

As for 'stock android look', I can recommend PurifieD or Google Play Edition ROM although it has a few bug that I'm going to work on once this semester ends..
1st June 2014, 04:47 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 170

404 posts
Quote:

No CM for now. You cannot replace the stock recovery. The only working recovery we have is safestrap.

You can use DVKM Tool and install BlackBox3.0 (Check post 3 of All things ATT thread)
1st June 2014, 05:43 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
thanks. hm, don't know what I should do. I bought this phone last week used on ebay so I dont think I have a warranty to void. another reason I wanted CM is so i could easily get updates. I dont really want to be messing with roms all the time. do you guys think cm will work soon? in the next few months? maybe I should stick with what I have till that happens. I'd rather wait for that then cause my self more headache.

does PurifieD come with the stock kitkat widgets?
1st June 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #5  

70 posts
More
Quote:

in the next few months? maybe I should stick with what I have till that happens. I'd rather wait for that then cause my self more headache.

does PurifieD come with the stock kitkat widgets?

No, probably not. The i337s bootloader is locked so we can't flash kernels. A lot of devs have moved onto newer devices so I doubt anything new will happen. And I'm not sure what the stock kitkat widgets are.
2nd June 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymey

No, probably not. The i337s bootloader is locked so we can't flash kernels. A lot of devs have moved onto newer devices so I doubt anything new will happen. And I'm not sure what the stock kitkat widgets are.

what android version would the i337 need to have to be able to install cm 11? 4.2.x ? I'm thinking of asking the guy I bought mine from to see if he has any others that still have an older android version that would let me install cm on.
2nd June 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #7  
Recognized Contributor
Minnetonka, MN
Thanks Meter: 3,542

10,264 posts
Quote:

what android version would the i337 need to have to be able to install cm 11? 4.2.x ? I'm thinking of asking the guy I bought mine from to see if he has any others that still have an older android version that would let me install cm on.

You'd need 4.2.2, mdb or mdl bootloader and firmware

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app
2nd June 2014, 08:57 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1639

You'd need 4.2.2, mdb or mdl bootloader and firmware

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

in about device. is baseband version the firmware and build number the bootloader?

thanks.
2nd June 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #9  

70 posts
More
Quote:

in about device. is baseband version the firmware and build number the bootloader?

thanks.

no. download 'phone info samsung' off the appstore and it'll tell you your bootloader version
2nd June 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member

140 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhymey

no. download 'phone info samsung' off the appstore and it'll tell you your bootloader version

ok thanks. and baseband version is firmware?

will the att update automatically install if I connect to wifi?
Last edited by Gabe3; 2nd June 2014 at 10:51 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread