Ask a question

No registration required

need help regarding network signals and more

OP mrashoo

2nd June 2014, 05:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
hello ive just received a S4 ATT version which was sim locked so i unlocked it from a shop now the problem is the phone is rooted and its not getting any updates in Pakistan its on Stock OS 4.2.2 any way to update it OTA ?

2: with my current carrier its not working fine i calls dropping low signals around -79 to -91 DBM normally but if i put another carrier sim in it its signal strength is ok and if i put my sim in another phone on same place its also working fine so any ideas what could be the problem

3: when we go to Settings > More Networks and manual setup i receive list of operators which are available in my country so any way to find what their signal strenth or DBM is i mean any app is available or any way .
3rd June 2014, 06:13 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 92

454 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrashoo

hello ive just received a S4 ATT version which was sim locked so i unlocked it from a shop now the problem is the phone is rooted and its not getting any updates in Pakistan its on Stock OS 4.2.2 any way to update it OTA ?

2: with my current carrier its not working fine i calls dropping low signals around -79 to -91 DBM normally but if i put another carrier sim in it its signal strength is ok and if i put my sim in another phone on same place its also working fine so any ideas what could be the problem

3: when we go to Settings > More Networks and manual setup i receive list of operators which are available in my country so any way to find what their signal strenth or DBM is i mean any app is available or any way .

Regarding unlocked and rooted. You should know when a phone is rooted you can't get any OTA updates. If you want to upgrade you will need to do it via Odin from PC. In the general section there are a couple of threads pinned that will help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread