Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 45,855 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

need help regarding network signals and more

Tip us?

mrashoo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default need help regarding network signals and more

hello ive just received a S4 ATT version which was sim locked so i unlocked it from a shop now the problem is the phone is rooted and its not getting any updates in Pakistan its on Stock OS 4.2.2 any way to update it OTA ?

2: with my current carrier its not working fine i calls dropping low signals around -79 to -91 DBM normally but if i put another carrier sim in it its signal strength is ok and if i put my sim in another phone on same place its also working fine so any ideas what could be the problem

3: when we go to Settings > More Networks and manual setup i receive list of operators which are available in my country so any way to find what their signal strenth or DBM is i mean any app is available or any way .

netomel
Old
Thanks Meter 86

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrashoo View Post
hello ive just received a S4 ATT version which was sim locked so i unlocked it from a shop now the problem is the phone is rooted and its not getting any updates in Pakistan its on Stock OS 4.2.2 any way to update it OTA ?

2: with my current carrier its not working fine i calls dropping low signals around -79 to -91 DBM normally but if i put another carrier sim in it its signal strength is ok and if i put my sim in another phone on same place its also working fine so any ideas what could be the problem

3: when we go to Settings > More Networks and manual setup i receive list of operators which are available in my country so any way to find what their signal strenth or DBM is i mean any app is available or any way .
Regarding unlocked and rooted. You should know when a phone is rooted you can't get any OTA updates. If you want to upgrade you will need to do it via Odin from PC. In the general section there are a couple of threads pinned that will help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app