Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,517 Members 36,911 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Not registered on network

Tip us?

aryatara
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Smile [Q] Not registered on network

Hi there!
I bought a Galaxy Note III in Thailand, unlocked, and I am trying to use it in India, Vodafone. Data is working perfectly but when I try to register it on network is not possible. I already went to the company and replaced the sim card. Same problem. When I was in Thailand it worked perfectly, even I tried in Nepal and it was working 100% too, so phone is ok. Somewhere I read there is a new system to avoid bringing phones form one country to another. Some help would be apreciate. Thanks in advance. Be happy

kinng111
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aryatara View Post
Hi there!
I bought a Galaxy Note III in Thailand, unlocked, and I am trying to use it in India, Vodafone. Data is working perfectly but when I try to register it on network is not possible. I already went to the company and replaced the sim card. Same problem. When I was in Thailand it worked perfectly, even I tried in Nepal and it was working 100% too, so phone is ok. Somewhere I read there is a new system to avoid bringing phones form one country to another. Some help would be appreciate. Thanks in advance. Be happy
+1
Same problem I am facing on Note 3 N9005 which is imported from UK,I got it from eBay.in.I have to manually select network and register on Vodafone network.It works fine for sometime and then after sometime it says not registered on network.I am tired of this problem.Sometimes it works just fine for hours also.Kindly if anybody can help us.
I have tried replacing the sim also but not of much help.

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 76
try here?
http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/52299...m#.U3j4yyhZpqM
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

The Following User Says Thank You to MystaMagoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kinng111
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystaMagoo View Post
Actually when i selected WCDMA mode only the phone network is fine. 3G is also working fine but its not hundred per cent perfect sometimes its also showing no network.Like yesterday i set it to WCDMA mode and it worked fine for all calls.But when i select GSM only or AUTO mode the problem is too much and repeats itself frequently.I have bought it from eBay and has got seller warranty plus eBay gurantee is also there as i have purchased it 2 days back.
I want to get rid of this problem without returning the phone.Its CSC country is UK&IRE.Maybe it is causing some problem.I don't know but i am a student and got this phone after many efforts.Kindly help me.

chg1282002
Old
(Last edited by chg1282002; 18th May 2014 at 10:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinng111 View Post
Actually when i selected WCDMA mode only the phone network is fine. 3G is also working fine but its not hundred per cent perfect sometimes its also showing no network.Like yesterday i set it to WCDMA mode and it worked fine for all calls.But when i select GSM only or AUTO mode the problem is too much and repeats itself frequently.I have bought it from eBay and has got seller warranty plus eBay gurantee is also there as i have purchased it 2 days back.
I want to get rid of this problem without returning the phone.Its CSC country is UK&IRE.Maybe it is causing some problem.I don't know but i am a student and got this phone after many efforts.Kindly help me.
maybe you should try another network sim card or go into the settings and search for networks and then hit automatic
Samsung Note 3 LTE ( Sim Free )
Baseband Version : N9005XXUENB1 ( 4.4.2 )
iPhone 5 IOS 7.1 ( 11D167 ) Factory Unlocked

MystaMagoo
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Then maybe you both need to flash your own regions rom?
SG Note 3

Stock JB 4.3

stonedead
Old
(Last edited by stonedead; 19th May 2014 at 02:05 AM.) Reason: add thread link.
Thanks Meter 36
Check your imei number, does it different from under the battery? Your phone probably been injected with superimei which did not work with gsm mode (it work in wcdma). You need to find a repair shop which has the SPT BOX to repair your gsm connection.

Check this thread..http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post50119764
The Following User Says Thank You to stonedead For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

kinng111
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedead View Post
Check your imei number, does it different from under the battery? Your phone probably been injected with superimei which did not work with gsm mode (it work in wcdma). You need to find a repair shop which has the SPT BOX to repair your gsm connection.

Check this thread..http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post50119764
Yes the software imei and hardware imei are different.

stonedead
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinng111 View Post
Yes the software imei and hardware imei are different.
Follow this instructions mate..http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=8

lffoong
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonedead View Post
Check your PM. Need help.