Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,065 Members 40,733 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] EACCES, Nandroid issues

Tip us?

efaustus9
Old
(Last edited by efaustus9; 1st June 2014 at 10:38 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] EACCES, Nandroid issues

I have a i747 phone which is unlocked and being used on the MetroPCS (T-mobile GSM) network. I have rooted the phone using saferoot and installed TWRP as a custom recovery. I have not flashed a custom rom as of yet and I am using build jss15j.i747ucuemjb (JB 4.3) that came with the phone when I purchased it used.

I have flashed mrRobinson-Ashaman.v3.02 debloat tool and opted for the less extreme course when prompted.
I have flashed dkp-tw43-20140426 dkp - d2att kernel so that I could overclock the cpu.

Issues:

The first issue I was having after doing the above is many apps were failing to function properly as they could not access the internal memory(e.g. dropbox, esfile explorer, titanium backup pro). I would receive the prompt eaccess permission denied when the apps would attempt to use either of the internal memory options. I know this problem is common to kitkat but not jellybean. I attempted the fixes suggested for kitkat roms to no avail. Flashing the AT&T Official 4.3 MJB seemed to fix the eaccess problem but it broke wifi. As its probably known here and what I have since learned is that the i747 phone does not fully utilize the T-mobile network making wifi a must until I switch to Aio.

The next issue I was having is with a few of my nandroid back ups. Every time before I tinker with the phone I make a nandroid back up so I have about four currently. After my first issue I decided to try the back up I made before flashing the dkp-tw43-20140426 dkp - d2att kernel to see if that would rectify my eaccess problem with out breaking wifi. After doing a full wipe in TWRP and restoring that nandroid I boot up the phone only to be presented with perpetual prompts of apps and service failures. I go back do a full wipe and restore my first nandroid that I made when I received the phone new. Effectively this is a factory, and fortunately this works. I have made back ups in titanium in addition to the nandroid so if the simplest solution is simply a custom rom I am receptive to trying it. I have interest in a custom rom but what is most important to me is stability, speed and the ability to overclock and so any suggestions for roms that fit these parameters would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help

efaustus9
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by efaustus9 View Post
I have a i747 phone which is unlocked and being used on the MetroPCS (T-mobile GSM) network. I have rooted the phone using saferoot and installed TWRP as a custom recovery. I have not flashed a custom rom as of yet and I am using build jss15j.i747ucuemjb (JB 4.3) that came with the phone when I purchased it used.

I have flashed mrRobinson-Ashaman.v3.02 debloat tool and opted for the less extreme course when prompted.
I have flashed dkp-tw43-20140426 dkp - d2att kernel so that I could overclock the cpu.

Issues:

The first issue I was having after doing the above is many apps were failing to function properly as they could not access the internal memory(e.g. dropbox, esfile explorer, titanium backup pro). I would receive the prompt eaccess permission denied when the apps would attempt to use either of the internal memory options. I know this problem is common to kitkat but not jellybean. I attempted the fixes suggested for kitkat roms to no avail. Flashing the AT&T Official 4.3 MJB seemed to fix the eaccess problem but it broke wifi. As its probably known here and what I have since learned is that the i747 phone does not fully utilize the T-mobile network making wifi a must until I switch to Aio.

The next issue I was having is with a few of my nandroid back ups. Every time before I tinker with the phone I make a nandroid back up so I have about four currently. After my first issue I decided to try the back up I made before flashing the dkp-tw43-20140426 dkp - d2att kernel to see if that would rectify my eaccess problem with out breaking wifi. After doing a full wipe in TWRP and restoring that nandroid I boot up the phone only to be presented with perpetual prompts of apps and service failures. I go back do a full wipe and restore my first nandroid that I made when I received the phone new. Effectively this is a factory, and fortunately this works. I have made back ups in titanium in addition to the nandroid so if the simplest solution is simply a custom rom I am receptive to trying it. I have interest in a custom rom but what is most important to me is stability, speed and the ability to overclock and so any suggestions for roms that fit these parameters would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for all your help
I installed the rom Dandroid 5.4 and every thing works as expected. I may try to flash the decimalman's dkp - d2att kernel again to see if I can get a bit more speed out of the device but all in all it works well. Still not sure what was the cause of my two issues with the rooted stock rom.