FORUMS

White dots while recording

Thanks Meter: 7
 
By gskelter, Member on 21st January 2014, 05:50 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi guys i have a little problem with a moto g, when i want to record a video appear two white dots.

Already tried using other camera app but stil have the same result, this only happen while recording.

Any suggetions about what happen with the device?

Thanks
 
 
21st January 2014, 10:17 AM |#2  
theArchitektas's Avatar
Junior Member
Flag Capital Wasteland
Thanks Meter: 6
 
Donate to Me
More
So can you post an example of it? It's really hard to understand what you mean by "dots". For one it might be pixels, for others a spot of dust or something.
21st January 2014, 02:04 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gskelter

Hi guys i have a little problem with a moto g, when i want to record a video appear two white dots.

Already tried using other camera app but stil have the same result, this only happen while recording.

Any suggetions about what happen with the device?

Thanks

I have two coloured artifacts on my screen when in camera mode. One is red, one is green, they are a few pixels in size. However, when I view a photo in the gallery they are not there, so it is clearly not an issue with the screen or with the image sensor.

Is this the kind of thing you are referring to?
21st January 2014, 02:44 PM |#4  
gskelter's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by helppme

I have two coloured artifacts on my screen when in camera mode. One is red, one is green, they are a few pixels in size. However, when I view a photo in the gallery they are not there, so it is clearly not an issue with the screen or with the image sensor.

Is this the kind of thing you are referring to?

Exactly that is the same is happening to me, i downloaded a pixel death fix to see it can fix it but i think is something with the camera

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk
21st January 2014, 04:18 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gskelter

Hi guys i have a little problem with a moto g, when i want to record a video appear two white dots.

Already tried using other camera app but stil have the same result, this only happen while recording.

Any suggetions about what happen with the device?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by gskelter

Exactly that is the same is happening to me, i downloaded a pixel death fix to see it can fix it but i think is something with the camera

Enviado desde mi XT1053 mediante Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry about it. It does not affect the pictures. It is not an issue with the camera in any physical way and it is not an issue with your phones screen.

I'd be interested to know what causes it, but it's not a real problem, just odd..
21st January 2014, 08:36 PM |#6  
DigitalSnow's Avatar
Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Info 2 Try a Screenshot
Quote:
Originally Posted by helppme

I have two coloured artifacts on my screen when in camera mode. One is red, one is green, they are a few pixels in size. However, when I view a photo in the gallery they are not there, so it is clearly not an issue with the screen or with the image sensor.

Is this the kind of thing you are referring to?

Try taking a screenshot of the issue while the camera is open. Do the artifacts show up on the screenshot picture?
21st January 2014, 10:33 PM |#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Good idea. Yea they do show up on the screenshot

I added the photo. The main is the white mark in the middle and another 3 quartets of the way up.. It is odd

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1390343563056.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	2531002  
21st January 2014, 11:02 PM |#8  
DigitalSnow's Avatar
Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Question Spots
Quote:
Originally Posted by helppme

Good idea. Yea they do show up on the screenshot

I added the photo. The main is the white mark in the middle and another 3 quartets of the way up.. It is odd

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

I see the middle dot, but can you highlight the other one?

21st January 2014, 11:29 PM |#9  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
More
Its too small and is lost in the resolution when its uploaded. It was in the top right corner about 2cm screen distance to the right of the flash sign and about 1cm from top of screen.

The one u highlighted is indeed the one in the middle.

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
12th February 2014, 07:02 PM |#10  
DigitalSnow's Avatar
Member
Flag Midwest
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Sign Crosspost
After seeing this new thread with the same issue: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=50269795

I too can see two artifacts while in the camera app. If the screen is divided into four squares, the middle of the top two squares have these white artifacts.
  • They only appear in the camera app.
  • They do not show in pictures taken.
  • One does show in a screenshot. (attached)

From what I can tell, it is either an issue with the camera app or the sensor has defects that are eliminated by the camera processor.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fAznYiR.png
Views:	87
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	2575634   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-12-12-40-49.png
Views:	85
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	2575637  
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes