Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,124 Members 45,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] AT&T Software Update OTA Timer

Tip us?

mrksbrd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default [Q] AT&T Software Update OTA Timer

Has anyone figured out how to manually install the KK OTA dlpkgfile without having the OTA timer block your request. Basically I pushed all 3 OTA files back into the FOTA folder and want to force install the OTA without having to go thru AT&T servers everytime. (No the advance time/date doesn't work)

cgardner2020
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrksbrd View Post
Has anyone figured out how to manually install the KK OTA dlpkgfile without having the OTA timer block your request. Basically I pushed all 3 OTA files back into the FOTA folder and want to force install the OTA without having to go thru AT&T servers everytime. (No the advance time/date doesn't work)
If you want to get the update again just pop another activated AT&T SIM card in your phone and then check for updates. It will only work with an AT&T SIM card, the update servers check the SIM card for a serial number and only allow the update one time for about 90 days, then it is a free for all.

mrksbrd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgardner2020 View Post
If you want to get the update again just pop another activated AT&T SIM card in your phone and then check for updates. It will only work with an AT&T SIM card, the update servers check the SIM card for a serial number and only allow the update one time for about 90 days, then it is a free for all.
I already have the OTA though. I pulled it from the phone when it was initially released. I don't know why if it's placed back in to the FOTA folder it still has to check the servers

cgardner2020
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I already have the OTA though. I pulled it from the phone when it was initially released. I don't know why if it's placed back in to the FOTA folder it still has to check the servers
It probably won't work, they have ridiculous update procedures. If their update app doesn't handle the download then it doesn't update a Sqlite Database and the update is a no show. I spent a few days hacking through it all and couldn't find a good method for forcing the update. Your better off flashing back to 4.2.2 stock and rooting then checking for the update. DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING STOCK if you want it to succeed.

mrksbrd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgardner2020 View Post
It probably won't work, they have ridiculous update procedures. If their update app doesn't handle the download then it doesn't update a Sqlite Database and the update is a no show. I spent a few days hacking through it all and couldn't find a good method for forcing the update. Your better off flashing back to 4.2.2 stock and rooting then checking for the update. DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING STOCK if you want it to succeed.
yea, that's what I did to trip the damn timer...lol

hands0m3
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I updated my att flex and i have a tmobile sim in it so you dont have to use a att sim

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cgardner2020
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by hands0m3 View Post
I updated my att flex and i have a tmobile sim in it so you dont have to use a att sim

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Where you located? Perhaps you're on one of the shared antennas with AT&T/T-Mobile?

defy+++
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Default Timer

Hey
What does the timer do ?

PhantomThiefX
Old
Thanks Meter 100

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Would you mind pm ing me ota i cant even get the phone to download the fota on my d950 and im getting pretty desperate. I even called at&t lol.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by defy+++ View Post
Hey
What does the timer do ?
Say your on At&t, like me, it will allow you to check for the fota (firware over the air) once every 24 hours.
Brought to you by: The PhantomThiefX!
Rooted and Custom devices: HTC One X (AT&T) TWRP, CM 11, Kindle Fire HDX CWM CM 10.1, HTC Holiday[Vivid] TWRP, PSX ROM, Atrix HD MB886 CWM CM 11, Samsung Galaxy S3 SGH-I747 TWRP CM11, iPhone 5s , 4s, 3Gs, iPad 2 & 3 all Jailbreaked with rEdSn0w or Evation.

Twitter: @PhantomThiefX
IRC: PhantomThiefX
Yahoo; PhantomThiefX
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/GeOnion
Instagram: PhantomThiefX

mrksbrd
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomThiefX View Post
Would you mind pm ing me ota i cant even get the phone to download the fota on my d950 and im getting pretty desperate. I even called at&t lol.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Say your on At&t, like me, it will allow you to check for the fota (firware over the air) once every 24 hours.

Yea Same exact issue here, I can post the 3 OTA files, but unless you know what to do with dlpkgfile it will be useless

AT&T KitKat OTA