[Q] AT&T Software Update OTA Timer

OP mrksbrd

11th May 2014, 02:01 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 22

181 posts
More
Has anyone figured out how to manually install the KK OTA dlpkgfile without having the OTA timer block your request. Basically I pushed all 3 OTA files back into the FOTA folder and want to force install the OTA without having to go thru AT&T servers everytime. (No the advance time/date doesn't work)
11th May 2014, 02:22 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

22 posts
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrksbrd

Has anyone figured out how to manually install the KK OTA dlpkgfile without having the OTA timer block your request. Basically I pushed all 3 OTA files back into the FOTA folder and want to force install the OTA without having to go thru AT&T servers everytime. (No the advance time/date doesn't work)

If you want to get the update again just pop another activated AT&T SIM card in your phone and then check for updates. It will only work with an AT&T SIM card, the update servers check the SIM card for a serial number and only allow the update one time for about 90 days, then it is a free for all.
11th May 2014, 02:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgardner2020

If you want to get the update again just pop another activated AT&T SIM card in your phone and then check for updates. It will only work with an AT&T SIM card, the update servers check the SIM card for a serial number and only allow the update one time for about 90 days, then it is a free for all.

I already have the OTA though. I pulled it from the phone when it was initially released. I don't know why if it's placed back in to the FOTA folder it still has to check the servers
11th May 2014, 02:48 AM   |  #4  

22 posts
Quote:

I already have the OTA though. I pulled it from the phone when it was initially released. I don't know why if it's placed back in to the FOTA folder it still has to check the servers

It probably won't work, they have ridiculous update procedures. If their update app doesn't handle the download then it doesn't update a Sqlite Database and the update is a no show. I spent a few days hacking through it all and couldn't find a good method for forcing the update. Your better off flashing back to 4.2.2 stock and rooting then checking for the update. DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING STOCK if you want it to succeed.
11th May 2014, 02:52 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgardner2020

It probably won't work, they have ridiculous update procedures. If their update app doesn't handle the download then it doesn't update a Sqlite Database and the update is a no show. I spent a few days hacking through it all and couldn't find a good method for forcing the update. Your better off flashing back to 4.2.2 stock and rooting then checking for the update. DO NOT DELETE OR CHANGE ANYTHING STOCK if you want it to succeed.

yea, that's what I did to trip the damn timer...lol
11th May 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 15

154 posts
I updated my att flex and i have a tmobile sim in it so you dont have to use a att sim

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
11th May 2014, 06:51 AM   |  #7  

22 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hands0m3

I updated my att flex and i have a tmobile sim in it so you dont have to use a att sim

Sent from my LG-D950 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Where you located? Perhaps you're on one of the shared antennas with AT&T/T-Mobile?
11th May 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 16

36 posts
Timer
Hey
What does the timer do ?
12th May 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #9  
Quote:

Would you mind pm ing me ota i cant even get the phone to download the fota on my d950 and im getting pretty desperate. I even called at&t lol.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by defy+++

Hey
What does the timer do ?

Say your on At&t, like me, it will allow you to check for the fota (firware over the air) once every 24 hours.
12th May 2014, 01:52 AM   |  #10  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey

181 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomThiefX

Would you mind pm ing me ota i cant even get the phone to download the fota on my d950 and im getting pretty desperate. I even called at&t lol.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Say your on At&t, like me, it will allow you to check for the fota (firware over the air) once every 24 hours.

Yea Same exact issue here, I can post the 3 OTA files, but unless you know what to do with dlpkgfile it will be useless

AT&T KitKat OTA

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread