Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP installation for Galaxy ace 2

Tip us?
 
doctorwho201
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lincoln
Smile TWRP installation for Galaxy ace 2

How to install Twrp ([Team Win Recovery Project)

Now first of all credits goes out to Team Win for making this amazing custom recovery, secondly make sure you have root if not you could find it on the forum somewhere. Anyway you might want to backup contacts and data and stuff like that in case you accidentally brick your phone or something. Lets get straight in!

Requirements:
A clear thinking brain
Galaxy ace 2 (attempting to do this on another device might suffer unforeseen consequences)
Twrp for galaxy ace 2 (download)
Odin (download)
A computer
Also install USB driver for galaxy ace 2 on the computer or you can just install Kies (both takes about 5-10 mins)

Instruction:
1) Backup data and files
2) Download all required files.
3) Put phone into download mode by clicking (Volume up+Home button+Power button) at the same time
then it should come up with some warning then click continue.
4) Plug the phone into the computer via USB cable
5) Open up Odin and click on PDA then open up the file GT-I8160-TWRP-Kernel.tar.md5
6) Hopefully you have install the USB driver because the rectangle just above should appear as COM(number)
7) Then if you are staisfied and checked everything is in order, go ahead and click start!
8) Hopefully after it finnishes it should reboot if you wanna check go ahead and boot into recovery mode and hopefully it should install!

If you have any problems or issues make sure to post your questions below.
If this has helped you click thanks rather than just saying it!

Credits goes out to Samsung for making Odin, Team Win and people who ported twrp for galaxy ace 2!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to doctorwho201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
chimaeragh
Old
#2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 27
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Takoradi
what kernel is this? you should state else people will brick their phones
 
doctorwho201
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Lincoln
Wink OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaeragh View Post
what kernel is this? you should state else people will brick their phones
Has it worked for you? This is only for Gt-I8160 Gingerbread 2.3.6 if it works for other kernels please put them down below in the comments.
 
chimaeragh
Old
#4  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 27
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Takoradi
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho201 View Post
Has it worked for you? This is only for Gt-I8160 Gingerbread 2.3.6 if it works for other kernels please put them down below in the comments.
lol who uses gingerbread anymore? haven't installed it and don't think i will now
The Following User Says Thank You to chimaeragh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
teddytsen
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1045
Posts: 3,292
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaeragh View Post
lol who uses gingerbread anymore? haven't installed it and don't think i will now
Ace 2 users with the HK region model

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho201 View Post
How to install Twrp ([Team Win Recovery Project)

Now first of all credits goes out to Team Win for making this amazing custom recovery, secondly make sure you have root if not you could find it on the forum somewhere. Anyway you might want to backup contacts and data and stuff like that in case you accidentally brick your phone or something. Lets get straight in!

Requirements:
A clear thinking brain
Galaxy ace 2 (attempting to do this on another device might suffer unforeseen consequences)
Twrp for galaxy ace 2 (download)
Odin (download)
A computer
Also install USB driver for galaxy ace 2 on the computer or you can just install Kies (both takes about 5-10 mins)

Instruction:
1) Backup data and files
2) Download all required files.
3) Put phone into download mode by clicking (Volume up+Home button+Power button) at the same time
then it should come up with some warning then click continue.
4) Plug the phone into the computer via USB cable
5) Open up Odin and click on PDA then open up the file GT-I8160-TWRP-Kernel.tar.md5
6) Hopefully you have install the USB driver because the rectangle just above should appear as COM(number)
7) Then if you are staisfied and checked everything is in order, go ahead and click start!
8) Hopefully after it finnishes it should reboot if you wanna check go ahead and boot into recovery mode and hopefully it should install!

If you have any problems or issues make sure to post your questions below.
If this has helped you click thanks rather than just saying it!

Credits goes out to Samsung for making Odin, Team Win and people who ported twrp for galaxy ace 2!
You found this kernel on the net? Or you built it yourself

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
Resurrection Remix Kitkat
 
nick37332001
Old
#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 47
Posts: 374
Join Date: Sep 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho201 View Post
How to install Twrp ([Team Win Recovery Project)

Now first of all credits goes out to Team Win for making this amazing custom recovery, secondly make sure you have root if not you could find it on the forum somewhere. Anyway you might want to backup contacts and data and stuff like that in case you accidentally brick your phone or something. Lets get straight in!

Requirements:
A clear thinking brain
Galaxy ace 2 (attempting to do this on another device might suffer unforeseen consequences)
Twrp for galaxy ace 2 (download)
Odin (download)
A computer
Also install USB driver for galaxy ace 2 on the computer or you can just install Kies (both takes about 5-10 mins)

Instruction:
1) Backup data and files
2) Download all required files.
3) Put phone into download mode by clicking (Volume up+Home button+Power button) at the same time
then it should come up with some warning then click continue.
4) Plug the phone into the computer via USB cable
5) Open up Odin and click on PDA then open up the file GT-I8160-TWRP-Kernel.tar.md5
6) Hopefully you have install the USB driver because the rectangle just above should appear as COM(number)
7) Then if you are staisfied and checked everything is in order, go ahead and click start!
8) Hopefully after it finnishes it should reboot if you wanna check go ahead and boot into recovery mode and hopefully it should install!

If you have any problems or issues make sure to post your questions below.
If this has helped you click thanks rather than just saying it!

Credits goes out to Samsung for making Odin, Team Win and people who ported twrp for galaxy ace 2!
Can you give us the zip version which could be flashable with any recovery???

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
If this helped you, leave a thanks!


Galaxy Ace II-
Launcher: Trebutchet
Kernel: 3.0.31
ROM: CM11

My Works:
|Cyanogenmod|
 
mikalgbv
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Pekanbaru
thank's very helpfull..
 
Ryccardo
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 123
Posts: 433
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Imola

 
DONATE TO ME
One JB ROM has a kernel with TWRP (probably OmniROM), but ADB in recovery is broken...
 
ACE2_99
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 28
Join Date: Dec 2013
works with KK
 
teddytsen
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1045
Posts: 3,292
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2_99 View Post
works with KK
What??

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk
Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
Resurrection Remix Kitkat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes