Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,266 Members 45,028 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP installation for Galaxy ace 2

Tip us?

doctorwho201
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Smile TWRP installation for Galaxy ace 2

How to install Twrp ([Team Win Recovery Project)

Now first of all credits goes out to Team Win for making this amazing custom recovery, secondly make sure you have root if not you could find it on the forum somewhere. Anyway you might want to backup contacts and data and stuff like that in case you accidentally brick your phone or something. Lets get straight in!

Requirements:
A clear thinking brain
Galaxy ace 2 (attempting to do this on another device might suffer unforeseen consequences)
Twrp for galaxy ace 2 (download)
Odin (download)
A computer
Also install USB driver for galaxy ace 2 on the computer or you can just install Kies (both takes about 5-10 mins)

Instruction:
1) Backup data and files
2) Download all required files.
3) Put phone into download mode by clicking (Volume up+Home button+Power button) at the same time
then it should come up with some warning then click continue.
4) Plug the phone into the computer via USB cable
5) Open up Odin and click on PDA then open up the file GT-I8160-TWRP-Kernel.tar.md5
6) Hopefully you have install the USB driver because the rectangle just above should appear as COM(number)
7) Then if you are staisfied and checked everything is in order, go ahead and click start!
8) Hopefully after it finnishes it should reboot if you wanna check go ahead and boot into recovery mode and hopefully it should install!

If you have any problems or issues make sure to post your questions below.
If this has helped you click thanks rather than just saying it!

Credits goes out to Samsung for making Odin, Team Win and people who ported twrp for galaxy ace 2!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to doctorwho201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chimaeragh
Old
Thanks Meter 6
what kernel is this? you should state else people will brick their phones

doctorwho201
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Wink OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaeragh View Post
what kernel is this? you should state else people will brick their phones
Has it worked for you? This is only for Gt-I8160 Gingerbread 2.3.6 if it works for other kernels please put them down below in the comments.

chimaeragh
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorwho201 View Post
Has it worked for you? This is only for Gt-I8160 Gingerbread 2.3.6 if it works for other kernels please put them down below in the comments.
lol who uses gingerbread anymore? haven't installed it and don't think i will now
The Following User Says Thank You to chimaeragh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by chimaeragh View Post
lol who uses gingerbread anymore? haven't installed it and don't think i will now
Ace 2 users with the HK region model

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 06:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 AM ----------

Quote:

Now first of all credits goes out to Team Win for making this amazing custom recovery, secondly make sure you have root if not you could find it on the forum somewhere. Anyway you might want to backup contacts and data and stuff like that in case you accidentally brick your phone or something. Lets get straight in!

Requirements:
A clear thinking brain
Galaxy ace 2 (attempting to do this on another device might suffer unforeseen consequences)
Odin (download)
A computer
Also install USB driver for galaxy ace 2 on the computer or you can just install Kies (both takes about 5-10 mins)

Instruction:
1) Backup data and files
3) Put phone into download mode by clicking (Volume up+Home button+Power button) at the same time
5) Open up Odin and click on PDA then open up the file GT-I8160-TWRP-Kernel.tar.md5
6) Hopefully you have install the USB driver because the rectangle just above should appear as COM(number)
7) Then if you are staisfied and checked everything is in order, go ahead and click start!
8) Hopefully after it finnishes it should reboot if you wanna check go ahead and boot into recovery mode and hopefully it should install!

Credits goes out to Samsung for making Odin, Team Win and people who ported twrp for galaxy ace 2!
You found this kernel on the net? Or you built it yourself

Galaxy Ace 2
Rom: Resurrection Remix
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: CWM
Theme

My works for Galaxy Ace 2
Android Open Kang Project 4.4
Ported Android Open Kang Project
Ported Carbon 4.4.2
MIUI v5
Resurrection Remix Kitkat

nick37332001
Old
Thanks Meter 47

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

Requirements:
A clear thinking brain
Odin (download)
A computer

Instruction:
1) Backup data and files

Can you give us the zip version which could be flashable with any recovery???

If this helped you, leave a thanks!

Galaxy Ace II-
Launcher: Trebutchet
Kernel: 3.0.31
ROM: CM11

My Works:
|Cyanogenmod|

mikalgbv
Old
Thanks Meter 0
thank's very helpfull..

Ryccardo
Old
Thanks Meter 123

DONATE TO ME
One JB ROM has a kernel with TWRP (probably OmniROM), but ADB in recovery is broken...

ACE2_99
Old
Thanks Meter 0
works with KK

teddytsen
Old
Thanks Meter 1045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2_99 View Post
works with KK
What??