Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 45,445 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ugly Everald green with new update for HTC One

Tip us?

kiethsw2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Ugly Everald green with new update for HTC One

Well I've tried to search everywhere and play with every option on my phone I have an HTC One m7 they just did an update today on my phone and there's this ugly ass emerald green everywhere and I can't find the option to change it or get rid of it or revert. Any help guys?

Sent from my HTCONE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401726362547.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	2776835   Click image for larger version

Name:	1401726382019.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	2776837  

kiethsw2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Oh here's my software info so others be warned about downloading the OTA update

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1401726584753.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	2776844  

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Yup I hate it too, why they would choose that colour as standard is beyond me, that's why I will only use a custom sense 6 rom where you can change all of that.

Anyway, go to settings - personalize - themes to change it for now.

or you could root, download xposed installer and then sense 6 toolbox to change it, a bit more complicated though.

kiethsw2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I did that I selected the thing that has black in it and a picture of a frozen um evergreen branch or some ****. But still everything I touch is highlighted in green and all of my contacts that don't actually have pictures have big ****ing square green patches on them. You know I'm no stranger to rooting and flashing. I usually end up doing it toward the end of my contract that's usually when the phone starts ****ing up to. But I love this phone so much the way it is. Trust me a time will come and overclocking along with free wifi for everyone. **** sprint they can lick my balls. It's better than a iphone but we're not there yet the fellas.

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
flash the latest viper one sense 6 rom, they have loads of very cool themes for their sense 6 rom in the themes section.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2334398

kiethsw2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah I had Viper ROM on my htc evo 3d I liked it I also liked the CyanogenMod. But to tell you the truth I prefer the stock look. But I like the overclocking and the access to WiFi sharing. You know I noticed the more and more you mod a phone it's like an addiction he keeps throwing **** from everywhere together little bit from here a new skin from there. I knew kernel from another place then you flash the radio. And then you end up with a hodgepodge. And then you brick your phone lol

zelendel
Old
Moderator Committee - The Dark Knight
Thanks Meter 10795

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiethsw2001 View Post
Yeah I had Viper ROM on my htc evo 3d I liked it I also liked the CyanogenMod. But to tell you the truth I prefer the stock look. But I like the overclocking and the access to WiFi sharing. You know I noticed the more and more you mod a phone it's like an addiction he keeps throwing **** from everywhere together little bit from here a new skin from there. I knew kernel from another place then you flash the radio. And then you end up with a hodgepodge. And then you brick your phone lol

Welcome to the world of wanting your device your way. Either flash a rom or redo the hundreds of xml and image changes to get rid of the green.

If hard work pays off then easy work is worthless
SearchFu
Never Ask someone to do something your not willing to at least try to do yourself.
"Gotham is the work of a madman"- NunHugger Current Nexus 5-12 Nightly

kiethsw2001
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Well I decided to call HTC and ask them about it and I told them I've been a customer with them since the hero and then the HTC EVO 3d and now the HTC One m7 and I explained the situation and they basically told me well it's all part of sense 6 and there's no way you could take it out so you're SOL. So it looks like a rooting I will go thanks for all the support guys

Seanie280672
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
Good old customer services, so customer aware and helpful

EddyOS
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2880
You can change the theme in Sense 6 in the Personalise menu, not that I ever did as I quite like the green but I've gone to GPe
HTC One M8 GPe (Gunmetal Grey) 16GB
ROM: Android 4.4.4 (KTU84P) | HBOOT: 3.18.0.0000 S-OFF | Recovery: Stock | Baseband: 1.14.21331931.LA02_2G_20.30A.4145.01L | Kernel: Stock | CID: GOOGL001

OnePlus One (Sandstone Black) 64GB *** PENDING ***

If you have a question, great - but DO NOT PM ME WITH IT!!! | [GUIDE] Return your EU M8 to 100% Stock (S-OFF Required)