Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,459 Members 37,639 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Storage

Tip us?
 
vangeodee
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 111
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Birth: Cebu, Current: Puerto Princesa
Default [Q]Storage

this may seem like a uesless question but it's bugged me ever since I got my LGOG.

Does the stock LG UI (4.1.2) really eat up 5-7GB of space!?

The OG comes with 32GB of storage (although I know that it's not exactly 32GB since there's a lot of conversion stuff going on) and there's only 25GB of available storage space? I know a friend who has a 16GB Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat and the stock KitKat only eats up around 3-4GB of storage. Is LG's UI really that much of a storage hog?

Another thing, does the 4.4.2 update consume the same amount of space? or does it consume more? And what ROM eats the LEAST amount of storage?


Sidenote: I hope somebody can make a bare-bones 4.4.2 ROM that will eat up the least amount of space
 
hackenggr
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 85
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lahore
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeodee View Post
this may seem like a uesless question but it's bugged me ever since I got my LGOG.

Does the stock LG UI (4.1.2) really eat up 5-7GB of space!?

The OG comes with 32GB of storage (although I know that it's not exactly 32GB since there's a lot of conversion stuff going on) and there's only 25GB of available storage space? I know a friend who has a 16GB Nexus 4 running stock 4.4.2 KitKat and the stock KitKat only eats up around 3-4GB of storage. Is LG's UI really that much of a storage hog?

Another thing, does the 4.4.2 update consume the same amount of space? or does it consume more? And what ROM eats the LEAST amount of storage?


Sidenote: I hope somebody can make a bare-bones 4.4.2 ROM that will eat up the least amount of space
After flashing the kitkat I still got the 25 GB storage. My thoughts 25 GB storage is on the Data partition (user available for documents and files etc) rest of the space is in the system partition and in combine it called 32 GB. That is not the expert opinion just my thought I could be wrong


500 MB extra Dropbox space for you and me Click Here

My Devices
LG Optimus G (F180L Korean Version) - KitKat Italy Stock Rom E97520a-VDF-XX (Rooted)
Motorola Milestone - [ROM] CyanogenMod 7.2.4f (Android 2.3.7) [20130310] by kabaldan
LG Optimus LTE (LU6200 - v187 Stock ROM) SOLD
LG Optimus 3D (SU760 Korean Version - ICS Stock Rom) SOLD
HTC Desire Z SOLD
 
hasan4791
Old
#3  
hasan4791's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 358
Posts: 1,061
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Internal storage is 32GB....which includes all the partitions like, data, system, boot, bootloader, modem, efs, etc...

Sent from my LG-E975 powering Stock 4.1.2


Guide to Track Android Device|Antitheft|Secure Droid
Don't FORGET to click Thanx...

Works:

Device:

LG Optimus G(E-975) Indian Version
Stock Rom 4.4.2 v20A
Solid Kernel 0.2V
 
vangeodee
Old
#4  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 111
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Birth: Cebu, Current: Puerto Princesa
I recall reading somewhere here on the LGOG xda forum that somebody was able to get 28.5gb storage by installing a custom rom. I'll try to look for that post.

anyway, can somebody shed insight as to what eats up the 5gb? Titanium Backup says my System ROM is 2.11gb (hooray! just gotta wait for stripped down KK ROM!) and suprisingly.. Also shows 26.8gb of free space while settings>storage and clean master show only 25.04gb. Already now I'm really confused.

If what Titanium backup says is true, what's eating up the remaining 3gb? and if clean master is correct, what's eating the 5gb?
 
grunch21
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 65
Posts: 185
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by vangeodee View Post
I recall reading somewhere here on the LGOG xda forum that somebody was able to get 28.5gb storage by installing a custom rom. I'll try to look for that post.

anyway, can somebody shed insight as to what eats up the 5gb? Titanium Backup says my System ROM is 2.11gb (hooray! just gotta wait for stripped down KK ROM!) and suprisingly.. Also shows 26.8gb of free space while settings>storage and clean master show only 25.04gb. Already now I'm really confused.

If what Titanium backup says is true, what's eating up the remaining 3gb? and if clean master is correct, what's eating the 5gb?
Firmware, recovery, modem, etc etc and mostly reserved for apps, i think. Of course nexuses use less storage since they're vanilla android.
 
vangeodee
Old
#6  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 111
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Birth: Cebu, Current: Puerto Princesa
Quote:
Originally Posted by grunch21 View Post
Firmware, recovery, modem, etc etc and mostly reserved for apps, i think. Of course nexuses use less storage since they're vanilla android.
so the 3-5gb is gobbled up by that? I hope there's a ROM coming up that is as close to vanilla as possible.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Integrate Social Networks Into Your Project With ASNE Library

Social network applications and services have developed into major parts ofour … more

Give Your Android Wear Device a Lock Screen with Lockable

Without a doubt,Android Wear is one of the most frequently talked abouttopics of … more

Forums Added for the LG G Watch R and Samsung Gear S

A little over a week ago, LG “inadvertently” let the world know about the … more

Secrecy App Goes Open Source, New LG Android Wear Device! – XDA Developer TV

Secrecy encryption app goes open source! That and much … more