Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,200 Members 40,817 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Delete default contact groups

Tip us?

Henner77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Lightbulb [Q] Delete default contact groups

Hi guys,

i am new right here and also with Desire HD. I just have it since 2 days.
Now, i have my first question:

I am organizing all my contact, grouped by categories, in Outlook 2003. This is working fine so far with HTC Sync and the Categories will be created as groups in my DHD:
BUT, there are still the "system default" groups like "friends", "family", and so on, which i don't need.
Now, i wanted to delete these groups, but i am not able. I only can delete my groups, created via sync.

Does anybody know how to get rid of these group?

Many thanks in advance
Henner

Henner77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henner77 View Post
Hi guys,

i am new right here and also with Desire HD. I just have it since 2 days.
Now, i have my first question:

I am organizing all my contact, grouped by categories, in Outlook 2003. This is working fine so far with HTC Sync and the Categories will be created as groups in my DHD:
BUT, there are still the "system default" groups like "friends", "family", and so on, which i don't need.
Now, i wanted to delete these groups, but i am not able. I only can delete my groups, created via sync.

Does anybody know how to get rid of these group?

Many thanks in advance
Henner
For those how have the same issue, i just found a way.
I installed the "Contacts Group Manager" App from the Android Store, there you can delete all the useless system group folder....
Now, i am happy...;)
The Following User Says Thank You to Henner77 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

z31s1g
Old
Thanks Meter 3940

DONATE TO ME
Thanks! Didnt like the clutter either...

Henner77
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
You're welcome...was looking for it awhile and couldn't find anything....Can't believe we are the only user with this issue...:D

rpimps
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henner77 View Post
For those how have the same issue, i just found a way.
I installed the "Contacts Group Manager" App from the Android Store, there you can delete all the useless system group folder....
Now, i am happy...;)
Thanks, I just installed the app a few minutes ago and it did the trick. Do you know what the difference between the group "favorites" and "htc favorites" is? I have the same contacts in both groups so I'm not sure which one I need to keep. I know one of them is important because it makes the favorite contacts show up at the top of the contacts list.
Samsung Galaxy S2 rooted 2.3.6
HTC Inspire stock 2.3

heikis
Old
(Last edited by heikis; 8th August 2013 at 09:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
sorry for necro, but I cant find this app anymore. is there a good alternative available? thanks!

-edit-

found this app that can remove default local groups: TouchPal Contacts https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...rtdialer&hl=et
The Following User Says Thank You to heikis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ingenero
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thats one is good but

Quote:
Originally Posted by heikis View Post
sorry for necro, but I cant find this app anymore. is there a good alternative available? thanks!

-edit-

found this app that can remove default local groups: TouchPal Contacts
It's a full contact manager/replacement altogether, I'm happy with the stock one, so I found an app that only deletes contacts and groups, it even helped me to delete the default Google contact groups, A back up is recommended anyway.

Contact Deleter by Gabenative

Can't post links yet so add this to the play store url:

details?id=com.gn.android.contactdeleter