OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Nvidia and Robotics w/ Barrett Williams – XDA:DevCon 2014

Robotics continues to dominate our videos from this years XDA:DevCon 2014 in … more

Speed Up Deodexing with JoelDroid Batch Deodexer

Android 5.0 Lollipop brings many under-the-hood changes like changing the default compiler … more

Top 5 Apps for 2014 + Top Xposed Mod of 2014 – XDA TV

Its that time of year where you look back and remember the things that happened … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Debrand Dead End: Nokia Product Support Tool V5

OP Muppet the Wonder Dog

1st June 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #1  
Muppet the Wonder Dog's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
I've downloaded an unbranded stock UK ROM (i think) for a Nokia 1020 64Gb to replace the O2 rubbish.

It is file

RM875_3051.40000.1345.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro1_212_03_ 336753_prd_signed.ffu

It was automatically downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875

I try to 'make' Product Support Tools for Store 5.0 find the download. It will not.

Regardless of which folder I place the download in (and alter the supposed location path) all the Recovery Tool sees is the software
already installed on the Nokia 1020 - filename. It defaults to this file.

RM875_059T1Z9_3051.40000.1345.1003_062.vpl

This is the nasty O2 branded crap already on the Nokia 1020 and all it wants to find.
Have I just downloaded another O2 branded rom ?

Dead end and out of ideas.

All answers on a postcard please to Muppet The Wonder Dog.

Do I have to remove something that makes it default to the installed
version of software ?

Thanks in anticipation.
2nd June 2014, 12:37 AM   |  #2  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1,016
 
1,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet the Wonder Dog

I've downloaded an unbranded stock UK ROM (i think) for a Nokia 1020 64Gb to replace the O2 rubbish.

It is file

RM875_3051.40000.1345.1003_RETAIL_eu_euro1_212_03_ 336753_prd_signed.ffu

It was automatically downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875

I try to 'make' Product Support Tools for Store 5.0 find the download. It will not.

Regardless of which folder I place the download in (and alter the supposed location path) all the Recovery Tool sees is the software
already installed on the Nokia 1020 - filename. It defaults to this file.

RM875_059T1Z9_3051.40000.1345.1003_062.vpl

This is the nasty O2 branded crap already on the Nokia 1020 and all it wants to find.
Have I just downloaded another O2 branded rom ?

Dead end and out of ideas.

All answers on a postcard please to Muppet The Wonder Dog.

Do I have to remove something that makes it default to the installed
version of software ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Use 059T1V6 RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453
The Following User Says Thank You to anaheiim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd June 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #3  
Muppet the Wonder Dog's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

Use 059T1V6 RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

Thank you. Will Do.

Jailbreaking iPhones was never this challenging.

3rd June 2014, 05:26 PM   |  #4  
Muppet the Wonder Dog's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

Use 059T1V6 RM-875 VAR EURO GB CV BLACK and http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453

The download was successful. The 059T1V6 files are downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875. I used NaviFirm+ to download.

Alas, Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 does not want to locate the files. Why ? I have moved the files (and changed the path) to different locations in an attempt to persuade the software to locate the 059T1V6 files. But NO ...it will not.

Every time I try to change the address path to where I've moved the files is adds "\Products" to the path address. Not helpful.
When I create the path it thinks it wants .C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875\Products...and place the files in this folder..it still refuses to locate the files.

Going round in ever decreasing circles.

Thanks in advance Anaheim.
3rd June 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #5  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1,016
 
1,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet the Wonder Dog

The download was successful. The 059T1V6 files are downloaded to C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875. I used NaviFirm+ to download.

Alas, Product Support Tool for Store 5.0 does not want to locate the files. Why ? I have moved the files (and changed the path) to different locations in an attempt to persuade the software to locate the 059T1V6 files. But NO ...it will not.

Every time I try to change the address path to where I've moved the files is adds "\Products" to the path address. Not helpful.
When I create the path it thinks it wants .C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Packages\Products\rm-875\Products...and place the files in this folder..it still refuses to locate the files.

Going round in ever decreasing circles.

Thanks in advance Anaheim.

No, use Data Package Manager for DL your FW
Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453
4th June 2014, 11:56 AM   |  #6  
Muppet the Wonder Dog's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

No, use Data Package Manager for DL your FW
Here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2515453


The reason I paid & used NaviFirm+ to DL the FW is the DL worked.
I am unable to get Nokia Data Manager to accept any text entry in any of its fields to start a DL.
I am unable to get Nokia Product Support Tool V5 to see/locate the (apparently) identical FW downloaded via NaviFirm+ to start the 'Recovery' process.

I'm on fully patched W7 (x64)

It's a mystery.
4th June 2014, 12:33 PM   |  #7  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1,016
 
1,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet the Wonder Dog

I am unable to get Nokia Product Support Tool V5 to see/locate the (apparently) identical FW downloaded via NaviFirm+ to start the 'Recovery' process.

Screenshot?
4th June 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #8  
Muppet the Wonder Dog's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Here are the dropbox links screenshots of

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1f1emb2jy...2012.24.10.png

and to Nokia Care Suite

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pz22k5a2k...2012.27.26.png


Thanks
4th June 2014, 01:50 PM   |  #9  
anaheiim's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Marseille
Thanks Meter: 1,016
 
1,589 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet the Wonder Dog

Here are the dropbox links screenshots of

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1f1emb2jy...2012.24.10.png

and to Nokia Care Suite

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1pz22k5a2k...2012.27.26.png


Thanks

If you are in offline mode in the Data Package Manager (and according to the screenshot, you are) you can not DL the ROM.
Quote:

Run Nokia Care Suite software and double-click on the Data Package Manager category. Click on OK for authenticate on Nokia Care Suite Server.


Similarly for Product Support Tool, why did you connect directly your Lumia?
Quote:

Run Nokia Care Suite software and double-click on the Product Support Tool For Store 5.0 category. Click on Work offline. Stay in mode No connection.


Follow the tutorial that I provided and you will get there.If you are unable to properly follow the steps (in most it's extremely detailed and with the screenshots), sorry but I can not help you.
4th June 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #10  
Muppet the Wonder Dog's Avatar
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
17 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by anaheiim

If you are in offline mode in the Data Package Manager (and according to the screenshot, you are) you can not DL the ROM.



Similarly for Product Support Tool, why did you connect directly your Lumia?



Follow the tutorial that I provided and you will get there.If you are unable to properly follow the steps (in most it's extremely detailed and with the screenshots), sorry but I can not help you.


As I said the problem is not in the downloading of the ROM.
It was very easy in NaviFirm+. I recommend the software for its simplicity and ease of use.

I have identical ROMs downloaded via Nokia Data Package & NaviFirm+.

The problem appears that the data path in Product Support Tool for Store V5.0 appends as a suffix '\Products' to the data download path. This is not the default path given from the Data Package Manager. The path is not user editable. If I create the additional folder and move the files to the folder it says it is looking for.... the Nokia package still fails to locate the FW it is trying to Recover. There are no screenshots to illustrate any error message. There is no error message.

I appreciate that it is very difficult to convey the exact steps in unambiguous English. I have been very fortunate in both multiple JailBreaks and the application of Cyanogen Mod to a collection of Samsungs..

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes